Dungeon Raid guide for newbies?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kaboom132, Apr 12, 2011.

1. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I just gave Dungeon Raid a download about a week ago, and I am absolutely addicted right now. I'd love to know different people's strategies (my high score on normal is turn 586, but I got REALLY lucky, and my 2nd highest score is around 220-230), but I really don't want to have to search through almost 150 pages of posts to find everything. Would Dungeon Raid masters be so kind as to post tips/tricks here, like what skills to use and when to use them, what tiles to focus on, what upgrades and level-ups to apply, etc.? Thanks a bunch in advance!

2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    The difficulty goes up the more turns you play, so it's overall better to make moves that take up lots of tiles at once than only a few at a time. It is not worth your time to only get a few monsters at a time and take them out.

One strategy I really like is getting Changeling + Big Game Hunter + Masochism + Enchant. So I kill specials and one of my abilities resets, which lets me use it all over again.

It's also good to upgrade the # of armor per shield, even if it maxes your current defense, since it contributes more to your upgrade.

3. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Thanks for the advice! So, just getting this straight: I know Big Game Hunter is a convert normal monster to special monster ability, but what do the other ones do?

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  5. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Basic strategies you should do every gane is to get upgrades that increase what you recieve by .25, combine a lot at a time to progress faster, and to know when to use spells.

The spells i choose change every game, but i really like repair, skill elixer, teleport, and dazzle. I've done games though with disarm, (the one that collects coins), (the one that doubles armour), and the special unique skills.

6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Masochism is a Raider ability which converts coins into monsters, Enchant gives you a free upgrade, and the Changeling race has a special ability that resets a random ability cooldown each time you kill a special. :) So, you use Big Game Hunter, kill the special, and then get it all over again :D