Deleting apps

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Neehan, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I currently have 2.5 gbs of apps on my ipod touch. Now I know some of you probably have much more than that, but I want to keep space available for music.

If I delete apps from itunes and sync my device, erasing them completely. Can I go back later and add them again? I don't feel comfortable deleting stuff I've paid for but want to clear up that space on my ipod.

2. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    yep also, you can keep them on your computer without them syncing to your ipod always

3. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    you can delete stuff from your ipod and it will remain on your itunes library. never ever ever ever ever delete anything from your library unless you never ever ever ever ever want to see it again (or you could just re-download it for free:p)

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Keep in mind, saved data will be deleted along with the apps. You can recover the games, but not the data.

5. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    The reason I want to delete from my itunes is because I thought when you delete from your ipod the application is still on there taking up space just the icon does not show up.

6. thewiirocks

thewiirocks Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Expert Software Engineer
    Fair warning: That only works as long as the developer maintains their Apple Developer account. If they allow their account to expire or Apple pulls the title, you won't be able to redownload it. So keep a backup in your iTunes.

7. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    How do I clear the space without deleting from my itunes?

8. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    You got alot of imagination

9. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    well it is freaky, with a couple clicks a 622 mbapp can go away in .5 a second.

10. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Just hold any app on your ipod and wait for the apps to shake (you'll know when you see it) and just press the x button, this won't delete the apps from your computer, but make sure you backup your ipod by plugging it into your PC, so you won't loose any saved data.