Comfortable 5s Cases?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by cowabungadude, Jan 31, 2014.

1. cowabungadude

cowabungadude Member

May 8, 2012
    I've avoided soft cases in the past but after hours of gaming my hands are begging for a break. What cases do you guys use? Any recommendations for a soft and comfy case? I was looking at the speck pixel skin and the griffin flex grip.

Thanks!

2. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for; but this is the case I've got, and it's amazing. I highly recommend it.

Linky

3. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I use this case from Belkin, after switching from an Incipio Feather case. The Feather was nice just because it had a slim profile, but there was zero drop or lay on table protection. This Belkin case I like a lot because it's sturdy, kind of like speck's, but with a way slimmer profile. It also has better drop protection, and most importantly for gaming, a matte finish, so there are no fingerprints from those long play sessions. Oh and it has minimal branding, except for one logo on the side binding, but not on the back face.

I would look for it at Target, ebay, or straight from Belkin as I read the low prices on Amazon are due to those cases being knockoffs. I also had to find the smolder color in person at Target, for some reason their stupid website only has some ridiculous neon yellow.

http://www.belkin.com/us/F8W138-Belkin/p/P-F8W138/

I used to love the spigen neo hybrid on my iPhone 4, but did they fix how the inside rubber would expand over time and create a weird air pocket?

4. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I had that case but it stretches and I don't like how it ended up shifting in my hands.

Tech 21 make really good, slim cases with a semi grip that doesn't stick to your pockets.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    This is one reason I'm a bit more interested in a 5c than a 5s. I wish the 5c wasn't a bit gimped in performance and features, but the things is way more comfortable in hand than the 5s.

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Might want to act soon, Apple might discontinue the 5c.

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I know. I hope they go with something more like the 5c when they design the iPhone 6.

8. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas

Air pockets? Stretching?

I've had this case for a few months now, and it's still in the same condition it was when I bought it.

Care to elaborate on what happened to your cases?

9. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    When I first got the case it was a nice tight fit around the iPhone. Over time the edges just stretched out little by little so that you could feel the phone shift in the case if I pressed any of the buttons or moved the phone in my hands. I thought I was just being paranoid until a friend of mine was using my phone and mentioned how odd the little clicking he felt was.

I just took it as it wasn't a very durable case but maybe I got a bum one if yours is still fine. I guess mine took a couple months to do that.

10. Personally don't like glass or metal backs. Know they look good, but prefer easy grip, note 3 rubbery leather is a nice compromise.

11. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    That sucks. What model did you have? Was it for the 5/5S? I know that Spigen has stated that they improved the design of the case for the 5S.

12. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
  13. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas