We need more sports sim games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by statnut, Nov 27, 2010.

1. statnut

statnut Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    I know there are a handful of sports strategy/sim games like EW Baseball, Baseball Manager and a couple of (American) football ones like Tru Play Football. But most sports games are of the action variety. I know that Out of the Park Baseball is coming to iOS in the spring, but I'd love to see more.

Sports games with franchise mode for example. I'd love to have one with that. Even if it was with fake players.

2. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
  3. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    I'm surprised at the lack of them, actually. What's up with that? 2K gave us hockey; maybe MLB is next...

4. david_T

david_T Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    PR & Marketing
    CA
    actually i am crazy for homerun from come2us. really addictive~

5. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Baseball Superstars from Gamevil is good! Unless your prefer realistic things..

6. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    The over-the-top anime and fantasy elements are massive turn-offs for me in BBSS.

7. statnut

statnut Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    It is good, but as you noted, not terribly realistic. I'd love a game similar to MLB front office manager on the iPad.

8. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    i'm a huge sports fan in real life, and i have found the 2011 version really fun.

that being said, WHERE IS OUR BASKETBALL GAME?

9. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Hmm, well I'm glad that you enjoy the game. For me, the RPG elements and anime really takes the fun out of sports. Those things are just far too much distractions from the sport itself. And yeah, basketball games are sure slim pickings in the App Store.

10. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    I'm still waiting for a good, realistic baseball game with real players. All of the good baseball games are cartoony and all of the realistic ones suck.

11. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Yeah, baseball is probably one of the easier sports that can be made into a game for the iPod, and I'm seriously waiting for a game like 9 Innings except with a serious franchise mode where you sign/trade for new players instead of just picking up new cards.