Go Go Mongo! Game for kids 2-4

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mongo_A, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Mongo_A

Mongo_A Member

Mar 15, 2011
    #1 Mongo_A, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
    **** EDIT: I'm giving away 5 promo codes! First 5 people to bump this post and send me a PM with their email address gets a promo code! ****

Hi everyone! Although I've been trolling this forum for a few months, this is actually my first post.

I'm getting ready to release a game for children ages 2-4. The game teaches kids about different kinds of foods and also works on their memory skills. I got a chance to work with some really talented artists and programmers to put this together.

Go Go Mongo! uses the accelerometer on the iPhone/iPod Touch. By tilting the device, Mongo runs left or right and he has to catch the correct food falling from the sky. The game is designed to teach 2 year olds names of different foods, tests their memory, and also helps improve their motor skills (tilting the iPhone to catch things is actually somewhat difficult for a 2 year old).

The APP just got approved by Apple! Here is the link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/go-go-mongo/id426619300?mt=8&ls=1

I'm hoping you all can provide some feedback?

Promotional/gameplay video can be found here:

And here are some screenshots:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. sawusawme

sawusawme Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Bermuda Triangle
    Am I the first one here to reply?:D Kids' parenting and teaching are important! I am an educationer,and I think this gameis good enough for kids from 2-4 with a simple character.But I hav't played this so far,hope more educational kids' games can be published and can enjoy a wide range of popularity.

3. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

I think you really nailed the pencil and paper cutout look.
    From the screenshots alone, I can't really tell what the game is about, other than the player has to collect a certain number of items.

Either way, it looks fun. Might be something fun for my todller to play. Especially if there's a "game" element to it. He gets pretty bored with most of the educational apps on the market, since they don't really do much more than something like list the alphabet with pictures.

4. Mongo_A

Mongo_A Member

Mar 15, 2011
    #4 Mongo_A, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    We have seen plenty of boring educational apps on the iTunes marketplace, and we hope to change that. Go Go Mongo! uses the accelerometer on the iPhone/iPod Touch. By tilting the device, Mongo runs left or right and he has to catch the correct food falling from the sky. The game is designed to teach 2 year olds names of different foods, tests their memory, and also helps improve their motor skills (tilting the iPhone to catch things is actually somewhat difficult for a 2 year old).

We took some game dynamics of popular iPhone games for adults and simplified them for a 2 year old.

EDIT: I put this info in the OP.

5. Lanishery

Lanishery Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Are these just 3 pictures? No screenshots or videos about the game? I suspect the game hasn't been finished. This is just an imagination.

6. Yensimer

Yensimer Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Is this a game? Without screenshots or videos, nobody can know about it.

7. terencefish

terencefish Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    First I wanna say the motivation of making kids learn by playing games is good. Speaking of the game, just these screenshot can't show anything special or highlights of the game and the graphic need to be improved.

8. Mongo_A

Mongo_A Member

Mar 15, 2011
    #8 Mongo_A, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    Oh I just submitted the app for review on the iTunes app store. I made a little gameplay video here, sorry for not attaching earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGF6sGBCQGQ

EDIT: I put the link on the OP.

9. SuperFunApps

SuperFunApps Well-Known Member

child education is very important, and this app has the type of creative art style that will really launch it into the spotlight. Love it!

10. Fadikun

Fadikun Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Great! Looking forward to the release! Would like to see it more video of it in action!

11. Mongo_A

Mongo_A Member

Mar 15, 2011
  12. Fadikun

Fadikun Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Nice work on the game! It's pretty addictive even for me, and my kids love it, even though they spend most of the time poking the main character as he runs around. I can't wait til this gets GameCenter support and hopefully some more levels! Maybe you guys could make a more difficult version aimed for older people???

Thanks.

13. Mongo_A

Mongo_A Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Just got "New and Noteworthy"!!!!

Friends, I just opened up my iTunes and saw that Go Go Mongo! was listed by Apple as New and Noteworthy!

Here is the link to iTunes: http://bit.ly/eyFpig

14. Atischery

Atischery Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    It's a fun game. When will it be released?

15. Mongo_A

Mongo_A Member

Mar 15, 2011
    The game is out right now! Here is the link in iTunes: http://bit.ly/eyFpig

You can also get it by searching for "go go mongo" on your iPhone/iPod Touch

16. Mongo_A

Mongo_A Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Updates for this week

@fadikun, thanks for the great feedback! This week we are releasing the retina and iPad updates, so it will be a universal app. Watch out for that! Also, we are working on an "endless" or "arcade" version of the game for a different audience. It will feature power ups, special skins, and a few other surprises!

17. Mongo_A

Mongo_A Member

Mar 15, 2011
    5 Free Downloads of Go Go Mongo!

Hey everyone! I am giving away 5 free downloads of Go Go Mongo! if you bump this post and send me a PM with your email address!

18. Fadikun

Fadikun Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Darn I already bought it! I think you should edit your title post and mention you are giving away downloads. I'm sure you'll get more hits!

19. Mongo_A

Mongo_A Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Thanks Fadi-kun for downloading anyways, I hope you are liking it. I just edited my first post, hopefully more people will see it.

First 5 people that PM me gets a Promo code for Go Go Mongo!

20. Mongo_A

Mongo_A Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Promo codes going fast!

Hey guys, the promo codes are going fast! PM me to get one! Looking forward to hearing what you think!