Wrote up a 10 month log on developing A Dark Room iOS, its rise to being one of the t

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by amirrajan, Mar 8, 2014.

1. amirrajan

amirrajan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Software Developer
    Dallas, Tx
  2. Justinq21

Justinq21 Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Thanks for the log. Reading logs like this has really helped me to avoid mistakes and make more realistic expectations for my upcoming game. It's also nice to see that your premium game has had success. I've had a terrible time trying to choose between making my game free with ads, freemium (99 cent add ons), or just charging .99-1.99 for the game.

I hope you have more success.

3. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    thats a pretty awesome game, I just wasted hours playing it. Does it have an end?

4. R3v

R3v Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    CMO @ PIXEL FEDERATION
    Great reading man, thanks for sharing.

5. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I notice you are top of lots of the app stores now. Would you be willing to release any more figures? (congrats by the way, you are doing awesome)

6. cadaei

cadaei Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Thanks, that was really interesting!!

7. Ironcode

Ironcode Active Member

Oct 23, 2013
    India
    This post should be Stickied.

It is a great read.
    Not only for the real life roller coaster thriller, but also for learning how you used the simple marketing tool at your disposal - the tools that are at the disposal of all of us - and rose to the #1 Ranking on Appstore.

This post should be stickied, because there's a lot to learn for all the devs here.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    A great blog to look at, had a quick scan. Had a look at the game on the App Store and I'm surprised he went with just one screenshot. If I see a game with just one screenshot I tend to avoid.

I presume the games like an old fashioned fighting fantasy style book. Granted its text based but still one screenshot seems odd

9. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yea a great read and a great game this has been on and off #1 forever I wonder how long it will last. I wish I would have thought of making this game seems doable haha.