Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Trailer Released!)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jdragoon19, May 2, 2012.

1. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    #1 Jdragoon19, May 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
    The reveal trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has just been released today (May 1st, 2012):

This game is set in 2025 and will be available on 11.13.12 (November 13th, 2012). There looks to be a big emphasis on vehicles in this trailer. This trailer is most likely based on the single player campaign because I doubt they're gonna be vehicles and horses in the MP.

I like why Treyarch is doing here. They are really about trying to expand the CoD franchise and trying to innovate it! I don't know about you guys but this looks awesome!

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I'll play it.

3. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    I think the main selling point of this game are the horses, fosho.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

For me it's being yelled at by kids on Xbox Live. I hope they have that custom insignia stuff Black Ops had for multiplayer, that was pretty fun to tweak out.

5. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    yeah the dick and tit emblems were great

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

The best one I saw was a shockingly elaborate Goatse.

7. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Space Zombies?

8. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Mech zombies plz

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Not going to lie, this actually looks pretty good. Nice change in direction from the games in the series so far. It's nothing I'll ever feel like I'll need (Diablo III, etc.), but it looks better than what I was expecting from the sequel. Still play a few rounds of MW3 online every now and then.

10. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Not that impressed from what I've seen. The graphics look like... They have used the same engine for the past 4 years. (look at Battlefield 3 on the consoles). I have a feeling it's going to be the same exact thing; 1 or 2 guns are going to be so insanely OP, the maps will be small, camping is going to be the same, if not worse.

I'm glad they're trying to do something different with the series at least.

We'll see more at E3, hopefully I'm wrong.

11. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Set in the future? Wasn't interested, but now I am.

Won't buy it though, but I'll definitely Gamefly it.

12. ManofAegis

ManofAegis Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    California, USA
    I dunno... part of me wants to get it and try it out, but the other part is just done with the series. If there is a lot of new changes and stuff then I'll probably get it.

Modern Warfare 2 was the last CoD I actually enjoyed to the fullest (sole reason for purchasing an xbox 360) and was a pretty big fanatic but since then, I haven't really enjoyed any other CoD's... Haven't even played MW3 in like 3 months.

13. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    I LOVE the kids on xbox live! Personally, I never play with a mike, except for when I go on and talk crazy and say odd stuff like "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHYA!" or start singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and stuff like that.

14. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I love zombies.
    I love kids with mics.
    I love it when kids with mics down.
    And when they yell at me for not reviving them.

15. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Looks cool. Only thing that bugs me is that they're keeping the Call of Duty label on it. IMHO, the games that are entirely fictional (nothing based on real events) should be a spinoff of the Call of Duty series- (like Starhawk is to Warhawk)- they should have a different title, like "This Storyline Would Never Happen In Real Life The War Game". It's a long title, but it embodies the feel of the Modern Warfare titles- they're fun, but I can't stand some of their plot points.

Hopefully this includes a zombies mode!

16. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Horses!!!!! May pass on this one as have Cod Elite and all free maps for the year with MW3 but since Xmas havent touched it :(
    Hope theres a good Cod for Vita coming out on same date :)

17. BLacK FirE

BLacK FirE New Member

May 2, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    I hope they have the planes in multiplayer, add a pretty cool element (yes I know bf3 has, but i haven't gotten around to playing yet). I loled at the horses though. Be kinda funny to have those in mp.

Not sure if anyone else saw it, but if you go to the trailer today they have an "interactive" feature, basically other vids with interviews of military dudes talking about the future of war and stuff.

18. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#18 Sanuku, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
    I didn`t know that the Game can already Pre-Purchase on Steam. Smashed the buy Button as soon as I saw it....

If someone would drop an Electronic Bomb on my BMW X6 the Car wouldn`t move one Inch while a Horse would still be able to move as fast as the Wind. Think about it...

19. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

So why not use, say, a bycicle? That way treyarch wouldn't have had to get a horse into the mocap studio.

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yep, looks definitely good. My first impressions were bad and I literally yelled "what kinda sh*t is this?", but now that I think about it, they can create their own weapons...

Yeah. Even Modern Combat series has evolved better through the couple of years in graphics.