Do you love her?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Hambo12, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    #1 Hambo12, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    i have been with my gf for a month, that's why I haven't been on TA as much.. but like i really love this girl.. i know its been a month and things can change and there is no commitment or something.. but i need help.. how long have you guys been together with your gf or wife? can you really stay together for 50 more years and still say you love her the same way you felt at the beginning of the relationship? I need help. :/

image.jpg

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Obviously it can last, as there are plenty of old couples around who couldn't live without each other, but it's really a case-by-case thing. If you've only been with her a month I wouldn't waste time thinking about serious commitment just yet, keep doing what you're doing and enjoy it the way it is now. You don't have to make important decisions hoping your feelings will stay the same, wait for the feelings first and make the decisions after.

3. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    So funny that in asian we get married first and fall in love later^^(arcording to my textbook at school)

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #4 backtothis, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    Your question made me instantly think of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvxHPtEsmFc

Not sure if you know these guys, but they're huge with Asians. Really though, watch it.

Actually, this was the video I was thinking of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSdELZxEnHY

If it's too long, just watch from 13:50 and on. I think it answers your question pretty well. The first video is still good though.

Anyways, been with my gf for nearly four years now. I just turned 20. Surprise. Like Midian said, there's no need to think about commitment and what not yet. Just take your time in building your relationship early on.

Also, is this your first gf?

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I been with mine for a year and getting married in 2 months (I known her longer but we got together just recently) she's a computer nut (neopets) and I'm the apple nut but if you ever watch NCIS I'm like tony with the movies because she never watches movies (says to long) lol.

But love her alot and its great being with someone:)

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Suddenly I feel like bramblett might be a lot older than I thought he was...

7. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    No not that old geez lol

8. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    He's trying to tell you that your posts make you sound like a prepubescent boy.

9. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I'm shutting up lol...so what's coming next week?

10. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet

No she said im her first bf, so im thinking she think it will be all happy and stuff. She's 15 im 16... And she says we will get married and everything.. But she really doesn't know a lot about relationships. I love her but i know that nothing last forever.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Little young to be thinking about anything permanent.

12. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I believe love can still last, even after long years of marriage, but it definitely requires a lot of sacrifice and self-giving. You also have to be mature enough to know that this is what's right for the both of you before you make any commitment.

Just my thoughts on the matter. :p

13. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Enjoy the high school years, and take it easy, guy. Like you said, it has only been a month. See how things go. You're in no hurry to pop the question even if it were to happen due to your age. Also, that's a very cynical view, lol.

14. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    We both liked each other since last year.... we talked for two weeks before going out this year.... i don't want to loose her.... maybe a picture of us would show you. image.jpg

she love me too, but it's only a matter of time before the butterflies go away and honeymoon phase.

15. Cute pictures!!!

Enjoy love when you are young, but remember that first boyfriends are always a deeper bond than normal. I really wouldn't recommend marriage until after at least 25 years old nowadays, so don't feel pressured into commitment to marriage just yet. While it's pretty rare that first relationships will last forever, you never know, just enjoy the ride and make sure it is true love before you commit to someone forever. Forever is a very long time.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You're obviously happy now and that's what matters. If you're in love, you're in love. See where that road takes you. It's impossible to predetermine where your relationship will be in X years, but if you want that love and happiness (as well as hopes and dreams) to remain, you should keep at it and deal with whatever curveballs life throws at you. You can't say "the butterflies will go away"...they'll always be there as long as you both want them to be.

I've been with my girlfriend for over 2 years now and it sometimes seems like the entire world is against us, but here we are, still going strong...always will be.

17. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    To be honest im probably the insecure one in the relationship. she's really adorable smart and cute (she likes temple run) :)
    but im scared of growing up and being old even though i know everything ages. and really? i love her but living together forever for 50 more years scares me sort of :(

18. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Im only 16 so i be on Facebook all the time and stuff, but how about growing up? no more of this stuff :/ i just want us to last and ill try.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    You're asking some pretty big questions. Have you considered talking some of this out with your parents? I know it might sound cliche but they really are the first people you should turn to at this age.

Often just sitting down with people you trust and have known all your life and having a heart-to-heart conversation can be very helpful and reassuring.

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hambo, you're 16...living with one person for the rest of your life is supposed to freak you out. :p You're young, this relationship is young. Don't think about these things until it's time.

As for growing up, naw dude...that's the great part of being in love; some things stay young forever. ;)