Monster Shooter 2: Back to Earth (by Gamelion) [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Gamelion_Sebastian, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Gamelion_Sebastian

Gamelion_Sebastian Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
  2. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    The big question as always is will this be a paid game or freeium

3. #3 dariusjr98, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    There will probably be a freemium version and a premium version that goes on sale occasionally. That's exactly what they did for the first.

Anyway, I'm excited for this, what a pleasant surprise! I really enjoyed the first one, I have it one my phone, and it's pretty top notch. Let's see how the sequel will top the first.

4. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #4 SumoSplash, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
    Lost Levels is a solid dual stick shooter that was not Freemium. If they follow in these footsteps then this should be a good game.

Since Gamelion has abandoned the Lost Levels thread, I will say it here, again: I hope to see an option to make the lesser weapons relevant for Survival Mode. On top of that, the weapons need the option to be de-equipped. I actually deleted Lost Levels and downloaded it again, simply so I could only buy the upper tier weapons (chain gun, combat shotgun, rocket launcher) and to also get the lesser weapons out of the weapon pool. Selecting through 10 weapons, half of which you don't use, was pointless.

5. Yeah, that was a glaring issue in the first one. I even emailed customer support about that.

6. This problem has been reported several times already and we are aware of this issue in Monster Shooter.
    To avoid this, in Monster Shooter 2 players will be able to equip max two main weapons before entering actual game play. Also upgrades system is much more advanced than previously.

About the business model: Monster Shooter 2 will be Free2Play, but we now put extra focus on play testing to be sure, that user will be able to play the game for free as well. They will need just much more time to get most of the weapons for free. Also, there is a possibility that we will release premium version (ad free, with extra content) later on.

We have addressed several other major issues that have been reported by players in the comments on facebook or reviews on AppStore / Google Play and other platforms.
    First of all, the game will introduce several mission objectives (destroy alien beacons, seek&destroy, find an object and more) so the the game will not only base on survival missions. Also, we have added boss fights ( bosses FTW! ), new weapons and in-game perks.

There is plenty more new stuff coming, and we are pretty excited about the Monster Shooter 2. If you have more comments / ideas / requests / questions / regarding Monster Shooter 2, post them here. We will do our best to address all your concerns.

7. PLEASE release a premium version with extra levels like you all did with the first.

8. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Ugh, so sick of Freemium.

Ads too? Will we be able to disable the adds?

I just got done posting in another thread about how there should be a choice between Freemium and Premium. I almost wish it was required by Apple. There is no reason why serious iOS enthusiasts should have to suffer through this Freemium nonsense. The choice to release a Premium version after the Freemium is a sad indicator of where priorities lie.

I look forward to the game otherwise, and definitely with a legitimate business model.

9. Gamelion_Sebastian

Gamelion_Sebastian Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
  10. Awesome! There will be more weapons with deeper customization, correct?

11. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Please keep the perk system in the first game. I think it's a very unique feature that makes each playthrough different from another. :)

12. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    Free2Play, that's a big let-down. I think I'll pass on this one.

13. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    You might wanna buy the premium version if they ever release one. The first game is one of the best dual stick shooters on App Store IMO.

14. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    #14 B30, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
    Yes, I played/bought the first one too, it was really good, and if they'll ever release a premium version I'll get that one too. But I'll definitely pass on the freemium crapware.

15. Hi there!

A brief update: we are going to annouce Monster Shooter 2 release date very soon.

Meanwhile, here is an art introducing some of the new enemies. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

Which one you like the most?

16. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Can I play offline?

17. I like the squid in the mech suit the most.

18. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Wow, these monsters look a lot more intimidating than those from the first game O.O

19. #19 GamelionStudios, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    Hi there!

as we are getting close to the release, we have decided to tease you guys with some in-game screenshots :) Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Same here