Where are the hardcore games for 4s

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kabukijoe, Jan 27, 2012.

1. kabukijoe

kabukijoe New Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Why are we not getting more graphically powerful games like shadowgun and infinity blade 2's? Millions of people have dual-core powerful iphone 4s's. Do we have to wait for iphone 5 or 5s to get games that will use the potential of 4s?

2. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Same thing happened with 3G to 3Gs. Nothing decent came out til #4

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Several factors here, largest is probably the number of A5 units buying games vs total number A4 & A5 units...

Also, despite the release of the iPad2, you have to give some developers time - there's still a lot more iPhone/iPod Touch software than iPad software, I've seen plenty of developers here who don't even have some of the devices to test on yet.

4. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    It's not happening. The iOS gamer base is too fractured and there isn't enough profit to be made by devs if they pander only to consumers who own high-end models. Plus, there's no reason go over again why developing a truly premium game, only to turn around and sell it at best for a few dollars is impractical. Just understand that the quality of the software will never consistently match the potential of the hardware. Keep that in mind when Apple keeps pumping more and more power into the devices. At some point, it becomes overkill. It's simply needless excess. They'll never be 360 or PS3 caliber games on iOS devices, even if these devices become technically powerful enough to achieve it.

Don't get me wrong. There are a few exceptions. There always will be. But we are talking about no more then a dozen games that make any legitimate attempt to maximize the specs of the A5 chip. A dozen out of hundreds upon hundreds.

5. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    ios gamers are too cheap to pony up more than $10 for a game. dev wont spent thousands or million of dollar to develop a high end game that's on par with console games just to sell it for $6.99. until ppl start paying at least $20 for a game dont expect any console quality hardcore games. o and dont get me started on app piracy...

6. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    I completely agree with you, but dont forget ports. GTA 3 is an excellent example (World of Goo too)

7. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I think apples on the verge of entering the home console market using apple tv and iPad/etc for a remote... Pretty much what the Wii u is suppose to be. The graphic capacities are there, Apple simply hasnt "made their move" yet. But expect to pay alot more money on the future for premium games. I think apple has already taken over handled next they go home console. I expect a pretty good console "war" with apple,Nintendo,Sony and Microsoft coming with the next gen...although it looks like freemium is taking over, I believe Apple will make it's move sometime in the near future...