Good source of information for iPhone developers (book, blog...)?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by OstinGirl, Mar 2, 2010.

1. OstinGirl

OstinGirl Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Hi,

Maybe someone can tell me where I can buy a book or reed a blog of some successful developer. I've heard a lot of variants of iPhone games promotion, but I'm searching for some single place where I can read as much as possible, to somehow summarize all the information to create really successful advertisement campaign.

So maybe someone can help with this. I'm not asking for advice on how to promote or for some tips, just for some really good source of information, maybe something you've been using.

Thank you

2. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

There's no step-by-step guide to marketing success for apps. I wrote a blog entry on marketing apps (link in my signature) but in the end you're going to have to buckle down and learn how to do actual marketing and translate it to the app market.

Good luck!

3. I haven't yet found a definitive source of good information. What I can recommend though is get familiar with a good RSS reader (I use Google Reader), and continually add interesting blogs as you come across them. Periodically I prune out those that don't turn out to be of continued interest.

4. OstinGirl

Dec 10, 2009
    Thank you for your recommendations :)

5. OstinGirl

Dec 10, 2009
    I've found one book about AppStore Marketing strategy. Maybe you know it, can you tell me if it's good and is it worth reading.

Thank you)

6. tylertv

tylertv Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    I would talk to as many developers out there that you can. Figure out who your app will sell too as well. Not a lot of casual players are looking for the latest dual stick shooter. :)

The app store is so new, that I'm skeptical of a book about it. When you factor in the amount of time it takes to write and publish, the appstore may have gone through some significant changes since it was written.

The blogs idea is great.

7. Ler

Ler Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Europe
    Good words..

btw we deside to write a blog about our iPhone development activities...There we write some tips about development an news about marketing events - statistics, reviews and contests, best world highscores etc. our BLOG