Posting links to walkthroughs, etc.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Bethany, May 9, 2012.

1. Bethany

Bethany Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    I hope this is the right place to ask this...

I have a question about posting links to websites. I know the forum rules disallow posting links to you own site.

Question: I wrote up a plot-so-far synopsis for a game I'm playing that's being released in chapters because -- frankly -- I kept forgetting details about the plot in the gaps between chapter releases. (Must be getting old.)

I thought that maybe other people had this problem and might find a synopsis useful. However, it's too long to put in a post on the corresponding game thread. (I don't know what the post character limit is, but I'm reasonably sure this exceeds it -- and anyway, I don't think people reading the thread are going to want to scroll past 10 pages worth of spoiler text!)

Would it be acceptable to put the synopsis up on a website and include the link in a post on the corresponding game forum? I have no vested interest in getting people to the site (commercial or otherwise), I was just thinking someone else might find it useful/interesting (maybe even get a little bit of discussion going). It's just that it's really too long to just stick it in a post and linking to it seems like the easiest way to put it out there.

Thanks!

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I've been posting walkthroughs/etc in a separate thread in the General forum - as is and no links, of course, but that's been ok.

You could do that maybe? Then you can post a link to it in the main forum thread with no problem.