Game similar to we rule?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JayReyd, Jul 3, 2010.

1. JayReyd

JayReyd Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Hello this is my first post... I'm relatively new to the itouch(long time blackberry user lol).

Anyway I'm pretty hooked on we rule and original gangstaz but the building of my own property in we rule is getting a little boring. Is there any games similar to we rule but have an added element of attacking neighboring castles/users?

Thx

2. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Welcome. There's Astro Ranch, if you're interested, though it's very poor. Then, if you have a Facebook, you can download and play Farmville for free

3. JayReyd

JayReyd Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Thanks for the quick reply.... Hmmm I guess I'm stuck where I am. I think a fusion of those two gameplay elements would be a big hit! I have so much gold in we rule it would be cool to attack friends/others in a risk type attack scheme to steal gold resources etc.

4. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Farmville, Zombie Farm, and Astro Ranch (similar to Harvest Moon)

5. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    There is also Farm Story.

-Greg

6. moisty

moisty Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Surprised to see so few comments about Farm Story or the follow-up City Story. Not much depth, but the graphics are shiny and I like the social features better than the We* games.

On a separate note- tried Farmville on the iPhone. Graphics look dated and was really sluggish to play.

7. Fluffeh

Fluffeh Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    student :P
    east coast.... somewhere
    Although this is a cool idea I think the reason we don't see this kind of game is because the target audiences are so different. The casual farmville people aren't going to/can't devote the time to learning the best strategies for fighting and their farms would get quickly demolished by the people who did care. And the strategists are going to be bored waiting x hours for stuff to be harvested or they'll find a way to 'abuse' the system. Like when We Rule first came out and to stay remotely competitive with leveling you had to build a million tailor shops.

The risk-type element would have to be very simple and the game would have to err to the side of farming sim. Maybe in a Words with Friends kind of way so casuals can play when they feel like it and hardcore players can get more in depth with it. Just my 2 cents.