S.S.C.'14 - Free full game unlocks!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Uprising Elton, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    #1 Uprising Elton, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    Get the full experience of one of the best Soccer games out there..

The first 20 people who email [email protected] with the code displayed on their "Redeem" screen (under "Extras") will get a code to unlock the game to VIP mode!

( VIP = no ads, no tokens cost for single matches, all tournament modes and longer matches unlocked )

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ssc-14/id516567679?ls=1&mt=8

(Offer valid until end of 7th August)

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    E-mail sent. I'm slightly confused but I purchased SSC '13 which granted a free unlock of SSC '14 but with updates and whatnot I'm not sure if I still have the full game unlock. Thank you in advance for any consideration.

3. rdmd

rdmd Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Habakuk's husband
    with Habakuk
    Thanks,gt my code. Great great game,one quick question tho; would I be able to play this full version on my other devices or just the device I claimed the code with? So is this code associated to our game center ID so that when I download the free version of the game to my other device,would I still get the full vip thing? Thanks for this promotion btw!

4. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    The promotion just unlocks one device and can't be transferred or restored to others I'm afraid!

5. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #5 Gwarmaxx, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    email sent...

thanks a lot pal, your game is really good!!!

edit: got the code... thanks a lot again!!!

6. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    email sent. Thanks a lot, :)

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Hope I wasn't late! I sent the code as a screenshot, given its length ;)

8. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks to everyone who emailed in. I've given out all 20 now I'm afraid!

Might run another little competition with the redeem system at some point in the future though!

Happy playing!

Elton
    @Uprising Games

9. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    was wondering what differs from SSC 14 and the SSC 14 Premium version?

why does the Premium version still show IAP VIP needs to be unlocked?

Will you have a Full unlocked VIP Premium version or change the Premium version so it has full access VIP etc?

10. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #10 Uprising Elton, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    The premium version was originally released free as SSC '14, while there was still also the older SSC 2013 free app available.

After we launched, it became clear that the SSC 2013 app was still getting more downloads as it was easier to find, so we decided to update 2013 to '14 free, and this left the newer app a bit spare. This was Updated to be a paid up front version renamed 'Premium'. The IAPs on Premium are only there for people who downloaded it when it was free and didn't pay to download.

Premium is almost identical to an unlocked free, except the ability to use tokens in the WOSC (manager) mode for things like energy boosts and player improvements was replaced with earned cash, the same as you use for buying players. In the free game you can still buy tokens or watch ads to earn them for use in WOSC mode.

11. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
  12. Speaker

Speaker Member

Jul 31, 2014
    I unlocked the premium version by purchasing the IAP (within the premium version, not the free one) and the IAPs for tokens are still there. So maybe I haven't carefully read all the explanations and instructions but this looks like too much trouble for a paid game (redeem codes, IAPs in premium version, unclear differences between the free and premium version, different app behavior for early adopters vs later ones).

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    That would be because you downloaded Premium for free earlier, yes?

It's not really confusing. If you 'buy' premium (which is the only way to get it, its a paid app) then the shop isn't there at all. If you downloaded it when it was free, it still needs unlocking via IAP (or a redeem code if for any reason IAP fails)

14. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    That's actually pretty confusing. Just sayin'.

No worries from me, I got confused enough early in the thread to have lost interest, but yeah, those statements are pretty confusing, especially written back-to-back...;):)

DBC

15. Speaker

Speaker Member

Jul 31, 2014
    #15 Speaker, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    After unlocking the premium version by purchasing the IAP, I still have the IAPs for purchasing tokens. Do I still need those tokens in order to access certain features/parts of the game? Also I was able to see a 20-ish second sponsored video and gained 10 tokens for it. AFTER I have already paid for the game. So what kind of "premium" did I actually purchase? 'Cause it all seems very confusing as the premium version is advertised to contain no IAPs or adds.

16. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #16 Uprising Elton, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    The premium version is advetised to have no ads or iaps, as anyone downloading it NOW, that is what they get. Its a paid download, so this is what you would expect.

If you downloaded that version BEFORE it was renamed and re-priced, you have the same game as SSC '14 free. Basically, if Premium has a shop screen, its because it wasn't called Premium when you downloaded it (for free)

Unlocking a free game with the IAP does exactly what it says on the shop screen. No banner ads. No forced video ads. All tournament and single
    Matches no longer have a token cost to play.
    However, in WOSC mode, there are a few boost like features that have a cost in tokens. These are earned when levelling up, returning to the game daily, or can be bought or earned through an opt-in ad view. But they are essentially short cuts and not things that are an integral part of the game.

17. Speaker

Speaker Member

Jul 31, 2014
    I see. It seems to me that only because I was an early adopter I cannot purchase the "truly" Premium edition, the one with no IAPs, regardless of what they are used for. That's kind of a weird marketing move, to discriminate players like that. One more reason for people to never buy/download anything the moment is out and wait for patches or discounts.

18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #18 Uprising Elton, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    I don't fully get your point of view. Its the same game however you purchase it. After getting VIP unlock, If you never opt in to view an ad you have the same experience as someone who bought the premium version at a later date.
    The tokens remain useable in WOSC mode to support players who bought some before unlocking. (I couldn't really update the game and have it just act the same for new or old players. Paid for tokens disappearing would be much worse!) So really its just the opt-in ad watch pop up that is different and you seem to be taking issue with? I'll remove that pop up next update.
    But I do reiterate, after getting VIP on any freely downloaded version, no other IAPs are necessary, propted or required to play the game in its entirety.

19. Emotive

Emotive Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Great White North
    I am beyond confused, none if this premium vs free premium makes any sense.

20. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Not sure why. What's so hard to understand that a once free game changed to being paid up front? If it was free when you first downloaded it, the game knows and acts as such, needing an IAP to remove ads and get all content etc.

The name was changed to differentiate it from the Free version that became available at the same time, when the old SSC 2013 was updated to become SSC '14 Free. (which we didn't do at first as we thought a new app would get more coverage than an update, but it didn't work out that way)

This whole promotion was to give away some unlocks to people playing the Free edition, which I expected to be new players.