Tune Runner -- new kind of music game from creators of FaceFighter & Zombie Pizza

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Appy_Entertainment, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Appy_Entertainment

Appy_Entertainment Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Brand Director
    Carlsbad, CA
    Appy Entertainment's next game -- Tune Runner -- has been in approval with Apple for several days, and (we hope!) is nearing release.

[​IMG]

Tune Runner is an upbeat and easy-to-play music game where every song in your iTunes library creates a unique level where you can compete with other players worldwide.

Our brief but relentlessly cheerful YouTube video will give you a good idea what to expect.

While you can use any music you already own to play Tune Runner (you need buy no additional music tracks), we've also included a custom remix from alternative rock band Angels & Airwaves from their new album, LOVE. All Angels & Airwaves levels come with a custom game background, too.

There's a bit more information over at our Tune Runner page, where you can sign up for our mailing list if you want immediate notification of when the game is available. You can also subscribe to this thread as I'll post a notice here when the game goes live.

Normally I'd offer a few promo codes, but Tune Runner will ship for free, so you won't be needing those ...

I can put up some screenshots if anyone asks, but I think I've shilled enough for one post. I hope you're intrigued by the game, and I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks!

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    It's worth asking, since your previous game Zombie Pizza had OpenFeint...

Does this one too? :) (Achievements?)

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Embedded:

4. Appy_Entertainment

Jan 28, 2009
    Brand Director
    Carlsbad, CA
    Yes! Thanks for asking, I totally forgot about that (sorry Open Feint!)

Yes, Tune Runner has the latest version of Open Feint (2.4) and achievements.

In addition to the Open Feint scoreboards, we're also hosting individual scoreboards for ... ahem ... every song in the world. Well, actually, the first time anyone plays a song, it creates a high score board which we will maintain until Skynet becomes aware and kills us all.

So, if you want to be the king of, say, Turning Japanese by the Vapors, then you can do that. But you'll have to do better than my 75,337 points, which currently has me in third place. An extremely stupid and impossible-to-explain Turning Japanese war broke out here at Appy during testing, so when you go to that scoreboard, you'll find there are already fifty recorded scores (and that's just since we rebooted the score system for release).

We really have no lives here ...

5. Appy_Entertainment

Jan 28, 2009
    Brand Director
    Carlsbad, CA
    #5 Appy_Entertainment, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2010
  6. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009