King Cashing 2: Wet Crown

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by multimage, Mar 22, 2013.

1. multimage

multimage Well-Known Member

The first FREE update to King Cashing 2, titled "Wet Crown", is coming soon! Here's some of the key features:
    - Volume 4, Wet Crown, featuring rain and stuff! Also featuring 9 pages with 30 new enemies.
    - Respec option: Allows to get back all your skill points, for a fee! (A GP fee, not IAP)
    - Hard Mode: Start a new game and experience it all again while wanting to throw your device against the wall!
    - Hardcore mode: Die and restart from the beginning. Score points after each battle to compare your progress!
    - Fast Animations Option: Tired of waiting for the reels to animate? Use the fast anim option and never look back again!
    - New weapons to find!
    - New bonus items to find!
    - New bonus item type: Amulets! Prevent an enemy from using its shield or other abilities!
    - 6 new unique weapons! Shiny diamond!
    - 2 new leaderboards!
    - 15 new achievements!
    - Less bugs!

[​IMG]

So the update, with all these features, will come out soon, but there's still some work to be done. Like I said in the King Cashing 2 thread, the bottleneck is the images. Each volume in King Cashing 2 takes a tremendous amount of work to pull out and since all graphics in King Cashing 2 are done by one person, this is not a simple few hours job. So while you're all waiting for the next volume I'll explain a bit about the process of adding a volume to King Cashing 2.

Consider that each volume in King Cashing 2 has these unique assets:
    - A cover
    - A background for the battles
    - A varying amount of pages in the comic book
    - Unique enemies in the battles
    - A pixel art representation of each enemy
    - A music track in the comic book
    - A music track in the battles
    - A leaderboard
    - Some achievements
    - A shop
    - Some hints
    - For each enemy, the stats must be assigned and then balanced:
    HP, Cost, Abilities, Rewards, what it drops, buttons position, unlock requirements, etc.

For each graphical asset, our artist goes through many steps to make sure the art is of the highest possible quality. Here's an example for the first page of volume 4:

[​IMG]
    The first 3 steps each take about 1 day of work! So we are talking 3 days of work per page. The same amount of job goes into the cover and the background. Then the enemies take about 3 hours each. Fortunately, the pixel art takes 'only' 30 minutes per enemy, so this goes a little bit faster. Note that most of these assets are done and I'll be able to put them in the game pretty soon! Once that's done, it won't be long before you can all enjoy the Wet Crown!

2. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    This is an amazing piece of work, and it's few games these days that tie in a storyline together with great gameplay

Guessing the GP fee is going to have to be pretty high, otherwise you could get some of the achievements very easily! (e.g Level up fighter to X)

3. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Wow, the update looks amazing! I love all your in depth posts about the game, my favorites are the one you wrote about what each luck level does and how each reel works. This post is incredible as well. The fact that you go in to such detail when discussing you game really shows how much you love it. Please keep up the incredible work and thank you for all of the interesting information.

4. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Just wanna drop a line of THANK YOU. We have a wonderful dev over here which commit so much for the game. I am a loyal fan of urs and will be keep tabs on all your future releases.

5. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
  6. SUIKODEN

SUIKODEN New Member

Sep 21, 2009
    can't wait

7. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    I appreciate all your hard work :)