Pixel Junk Shooters

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iphoneprogrammer, Dec 16, 2009.

1. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    #1 iphoneprogrammer, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
    Would this not make a perfect iPhone game? It combines puzzle and shooters all in one and I think this would for a hell of a game. And yes this does sound familiar but this game would be a top seller and maintain that position for an extremely long time. And yes there are tons of games that would be great for the iPhone but this one would be the best overall. It is (in my opinion) the best indie game ever.

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    So many games would be perfect on the iPhone. So, so many games

3. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    That game looks insanely fun. What platform is it for?

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    P-frickin'-S3

5. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    #5 da shiz wiz 19, Dec 16, 2009
    Wait THIS is a ps3 game?
    I'm not sure how you would do the controls on an ipod though. Tilt could work for the movement and then a little wheel for shooting (like dual stick shooters). or I guess you could go completely dual stick shooter controls

6. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    its on the PS3 network much like Xbox live. but I have played it before and you use the two joysticks to control the ships. I see it much like minigore....1 stick for movement and 1 stick for aiming and shooting.

7. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Pixel Junk always comes through with great titles. Monsters and Eden were both simple, yet fantastic games. I haven't downloaded this on PSN yet, I have too many other games to play at the moment.

Going back to your question - yes, I think this would work great on the iPhone. Email Pixel Junk maybe and let them know your thoughts?

8. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Waiting till this game goes on amazon psn store to download cuz i have 20 bucks credit from getting new Ratchet and Clank. Looks so good

9. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I just recently beat PJS, quite a good game. Not very challenging but definitely a great start. What matters most to me is that it was original and innovative. It would make a good game on the iPhone, but as an alternative, PJS can be played via RemotePlay on your PSP (assuming you have one).

10. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I picture it with accelerometer for movement, tap to shoot. Wifi multiplayer would be awesome too.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    #11 MidianGTX, Dec 16, 2009
    I can imagine the frame rate suffering terribly on iPhone. Lots of physics work going on behind the scenes, hell I'm impressed it performs this well on PS3. Great game though but as others said... too short, good thing there's bound to be an expansion.

Oh, and while it would be fun on iPhone, I really do consider PixelJunk games to be truly made for HD, they're so amazingly crisp and clean.

12. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    now that the ipad is out im thinking the hardware could run this game without a hitch well maybe a few hitches.

13. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    Email from Q-Games,

[Hey there,

We've thought about that from time to time, but right now PixelJunk is exclusive to Sony's PlayStation Network.

Maybe in the future there will be a chance for some PixelJunk on the iPad/iPhone platform.

Regards

Dylan Cuthbert
    Q-Games Ltd.]

14. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Unfortunate I suppose.

Pixeljunk games are awesome, really enjoying Pixeljunk Monsters for the PSP. Not a big fan of PixelJunk Shooter, but maybe that's cuz I suck at it lol