CrazyCat - Wario Ware on steroids!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mikkel, Oct 26, 2009.

1. #1 Mikkel, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
    Hi all,

I'm the designer on CrazyCat, a game in development for iPhone and iPod touch. We're still fleshing out the concept and game structure, but are currently working towards a playable prototype. I've recorded a game play video and would like to get some feedback from you, the TouchArcade community.

A brief overview of the game
    Crazy Cat is basically a collection of wacky and fast paced micro games. The micro games are organized in 3 game modes:

• Story
    • Survival
    • Challenge
    Each game mode structure and present the games differently, but all are focused on delivering short bursts of frantic fun. Check out the video to see some micro game examples and let us know what you think.

2. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

this game looks funny and awesome! it reminds me of wario a lot!
    how many minigames are there so far? are you planning on letting the public beta test your game

3. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Haha WOW!

4. thegamerocks06

thegamerocks06 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Student
    India
    LMAO! The game looks fun though :D

5. MuFFz

MuFFz Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Wow this game looks so awesome, I would love to beta test this game. =D Can't wait till this gets out on the App store!

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Game looks alright and since A.D.D. seems to never be coming out I guess this could fill that gap.

7. sumiguchi

sumiguchi Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Developer (Business Apps)
    Canada
    Looks great - love the music and sound effects :D

8. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I'm a big fan of Warioware. I'd be interested if it had hotseat multiplayer.

9. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

This game is WIN.

10. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    awesome...just awesome. i love everything warioware(own every single one including the dsi exclusive), and this looks to be even more bizarre and trippy. however, i would prefer it if you took away the "shake/tap/pull/etc" instructions as that ruins the fun of scrambling to figure out what you have to do like in warioware. in the least bit, leave that for some sort of easy mode, and have the other modes just say the title of the event and nothing more.

11. hackdirt

hackdirt Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Game Dev
    New Zealand
    I've watched the video twice now - looks absolutely hilarious.

12. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Looks like some real fun. Will be an insta buy for sure.How many mini games are in there btw?

13. sushibox

sushibox Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    True Story.

And, the music and sound effects really reel me in for this. The cat sounds on "stuff the cat" made me laugh out loud at work.

14. Hi again and thanks for all the positive feedback. It really means a lot to us since you never know how a game concept will be received before you put it out here in the open.

I will try to answer a few of your questions We are still developing the concept and experimenting with game structure and how to deliver the game experience. This is a highly iterative process and means I won't be able to give very definitive answers. There are also a few features and surprises we're not quite ready to reveal yet.

We are currently very close towards an actual playable prototype, this will lay the foundation for the eventual beta. The specifics of the beta and how it will be conducted are still undecided, but we are not underestimating the value of enduser feedback.

We currently have between 40 and 50 micro game prototypes and more are being added every week, but not all are at the level of polish you see in the game play video. Even so, that video contains graphics produced by me and I am by no means a graphical artist :p We do believe, however, the rough visual style is part of the charm, what do you think?

Nodoctors, you raise a valid point and the amount of information, or help if you like, given to the player is something we discuss vigorously here at the office. We like to leave the player puzzled and challenged with each micro game, but at the same time the player should be able to figure out what to do within the short amount of time given to complete each game. It's a fine balancing act between too much information making the challenge trivial, and too little information making the play experience frustrating. We would very much like to hear your opinions and ideas on this balancing act.

15. Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Peoria, Arizona
    I love Wario Ware and I would love a clone on the iPod. This game looks like a lot of fun. If you get a twitter feed could you let me know I would love to keep an eye out for this!

Does anyone know of any other clones that might already be available to satisfy me in the meantime?

16. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    This game looks awesome. When will it be in the app store and what will the price be?

17. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    I think the game looks great! How long until submission? Need any beta testers?

18. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
  19. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    How many minigames?

20. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    He already told that ^^^^