Universal Captain Strike - TPS mobile game coming Sept 2014

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by yah123, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yah123

yah123 Member

Aug 6, 2014
    #1 yah123, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    Update 3: Official Trailer!

Our email: [email protected]

Closed beta for Android ended yesterday. Please help us by taking this survey if you took part in the beta http://goo.gl/rYPtgy Will update again with more info about iOS beta soon!

Update 2: the closed beta version for Android can be downloaded here: http://goo.gl/qWCTrm
    I will post the link for iOS the moment the .ipa file is ready! Cheers!

Update 1: GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! CLOSED BETA FOR ANDROID WILL BE OUT THIS WEEKEND! CHECK OUR FACEBOOK PAGE http://www.facebook.com/captainstrike FOR MORE INFORMATION :)

Hey guys

We’re a group of young developers and we’ve just finished this game Captain Strike. We’d like to post here to share the demo version with you guys before the official launch next month and ask for your FEEDBACK.

So the reason we wanted to do this was because we’d like to change people’s perception on mobile FPS/TPS. You know, traditionally, mobile shooting games have always been considered inferior to PC or console ones. And the reason for that is because even though there are some games out there, none of them is really satisfying and could grow into something greater (an e-Sport for instance).

But, in this game, with considerable improvements in control, gameplay, graphics, and so on, we hope to change that perception once and for all.

Supported devices: Android, iOS, minimum memory space 250MB.
    Environment: Wifi/data connection.

A clip of the gameplay:

Check the update above for the official trailer.

Some screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Everything here has not been shared to ANYONE else before, so this is quite exclusive.

We’d love your inputs after you try this game yourself. Let us know here! or at our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CaptainStrike for more information!

Thanks and Cheers,

2. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  3. Heads up for this.

4. yah123

yah123 Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Haha thanks guys for the support, especially redribbon for the youtube video.

You can just call me Captain ;)

about the download link we're completing the final build so by next week I'll be able to share the download link with you guys ok?

oh and btw our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CaptainStrike you guys can also reach us there

5. nmnghia1912

nmnghia1912 Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Hey guys , i played this game before from a group of Vietnamese developers and the game is now available for all platforms ,after that i also made a review , this game is good . Now i see another one with another title and i think this is a new English version right ?

6. yah123

yah123 Member

Aug 6, 2014
    ^ this is the international version to be accurate. not only English but we're trying to add several other languages. and the one you played was just a domestic demo, this one will have a lot more features.

7. yervern

yervern New Member

Aug 23, 2014
    That character custom looks so plain though. Can i change them when i play ?

8. yah123

yah123 Member

Aug 6, 2014
    speaking of plain armors :D

[​IMG]

9. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Seems awesome, what's going to be the price?

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    ^^

Free to play antics destroyed Shadowgun Deadzone and Trigger Fist, so I hope you consider a paid approach. If not, please make he only purchasable things cosmetic (camos, calling cards, emblems, etc.).

MC5 is a good example of a completely premium multiplayer game being successful. You're hoping to make a hardcore shooter, and if you make it free to play you'll be alienating all those hardcore players, and they won't want to play. The lack of IAP in MC5 definitely boosted sales.

11. J.O.Y

J.O.Y Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Male
    Head of Product at Imba Games
    Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    Thank you JCho123 for your suggestion. We are trying to bring the joy to all mid/hard-core gamer out there. That's why we set it free.
    And yes we will keep the game balance for any player :)

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Uh... Why do i get the feeling this game is going to suck? I hope the feeling is wrong though.

13. derpymcflurry

derpymcflurry Member

Aug 7, 2014
    When the demo is out, how will we be able to play it?

14. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    So what will your monetization method be? Dual currencies to buy the best items? XP boosters? Cosmetic customization?

15. J.O.Y

J.O.Y Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Male
    Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    Hi JCho133. Thank you for your question and feedback.
    We have a lot items in shop, most of them are armor and weapon. Buy new weapon doesn't impact heavily to the game since we have some factors to keep the game balance. For example:
    - Stronger gun may be more heavier -> reduce the moving speed of player
    - Stronger gun may have lower rate of fire
    - Fastest rate of fire gun may have less damage
    - Strongest gun may have longest reload time
    And yes, we provide a lot cosmetic customization for player in game. Another feature we have is match betting. Player can use cash to bet with other players and show their skill to earn that money.
    Earning money in this title is not our goal. Since this is our first global online game, we aim to bring the most joys to player. That's why we call this is mobile eSport game.

16. J.O.Y

J.O.Y Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Male
    Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    Hi,

The beta version will be release end of this month/beginning of Sep. You can find the latest info in our fan page: https://www.facebook.com/CaptainStrike

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    So weapons are earned only by buying them with in-game currency?

Can in-game currency be bought with real money through in-app purchases?

18. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    The character looks like other in a game which I've played before (sorry that I can't remember that game). BTW, I'll wait for it. Hope that the game will be released before our holiday. :)

19. Cholly

Cholly Member

Jul 3, 2014
    What is the Vietnamese version called?

What is the Vietnamese version of this called?

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Will definitely have to give this one a good shot.
    Please let us know when its available.
    Thanks.