NEED developer feed backs

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by ShermantheAlaskanCow, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Hey everyone. A group of students are making this iphone game call Sherman the Alaskan Cow. And we have a game play trailer to show you.

Sherman the Alaskan Cow is made using UDK Kismet system. However, many of the kismet stuff will be replaced with coding. A few of the arts and music in this video are place holder. New art and music will be added once the game is fully flesh out. We do not claim any rights to the music being used for place holder purposes.

The game play video shows what we have accomplished in 3 weeks. The game play mechanics includes boomerang attack, collecting life jars, and saving animals.

Our team had a lot of fun making this and we look forward to bringing you the best game play experience.

Through this thread, we plan on showing the development of the game from its early stages, to its completion.

any suggestions will help!

2. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

Looks great, keep up the good work!!

3. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

Looks good so far, but put some ice skates on everyone

4. Lucky Loot

Lucky Loot Well-Known Member

Good job !

You probably will fix this later, but i will say it anyway :)
    Add camera interpolation - to make camera movement smoother
    At least use simple blob shadows for characters
    All enemy particles(fire) should not rotate when enemy is turning around.

5. Thank you for all the feedbacks! We have been working very hard on the game. We will have a new updated gameplay trailer to show you within this week :)

6. @Lucky Loot we will definitely fix all of that. Thank you :)

7. Hey everyone!

I want to show you what we have been working on so far.

We added new animation, new characters, new things to do.

If you guys have any idea how to make the robots more responsive through Unreal Kismet, please let us know. That would help us greatly.

Enjoy! :) and we're keep you guys updated as we develop our game.

8. BigEyeGuy

BigEyeGuy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I enjoy seeing this game in rapid development!
    welldone with the animation. is this part of a school project?

9. Thank you :)

It's kind of like a school project.... but kind of not?

We have a production team at school, and it's run like how it is in the industry with Scrum pipeline.

Everyone on the team have different task, and the school doesn't get involve.

However when it hits the iTune store at the end of this year, my partner and I are going to make a small company. :)

10. New Fish Slap Animation! New mini boss! Check it out!

11. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    it looks great. Atually I think the video looks good enough.
    The important thing in games like this is having a ton of things to do. Plenty of items and hard to reach areas.

12. @99c_gamer what do you mean by "many items" ? Do you mean like collecting? or things to do? Please elaborate ^_^