Ipod Transfer confusion

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by mandyee, Sep 11, 2010.

1. mandyee

mandyee New Member

Sep 5, 2010
    I have an iPod touch and I also have a movie on it, and I want to put it on itunes. But try as I might, no matter how many times I sync it, the 'movies' part of itunes is still blank.:confused:
    Oh, and I've already updated itunes, but not the ipod itself because it said "There are purchased items on your ipod that have not been tranferred to the itunes library", and I don't know how to tranfer them so... and right now it's backing up my ipod to sync the music.

I'd really appreciate some help, thanks in advanceļ¼

2. Leothwyn

Leothwyn Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #2 Leothwyn, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
    EDIT: Shit, sorry... read your post too fast and totally misunderstood it. So, nevermind my reply:

I remember going through this too... unfortunately, I don't remember exactly what I had to do to solve it. But, I think if you look under 'movies' in your library you'll see your video. From there, you rt. click it, or you select it and look through the menus (that's the part I don't remember exactly). You'll find an option somewhere that says something like 'convert video to ipod format'.

3. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

In Itunes, right click on your iPod in the side bar. In the resulting pop up list, there is an option to transfer purchases from the iPod. That should sort the issue, but i'd check the movie (and any other content you got on the touch) has been transferred over correctly.

4. mandyee

mandyee New Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Well, never mind. :) Thank you all the same!

5. mandyee

mandyee New Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Really? So what's the matter of mine? I am still confused.

6. mandyee

mandyee New Member

Sep 5, 2010
    #6 mandyee, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
    Really? So what's the matter of mine? I am still confused.