Scroodles! A Word Adventure Game (Beta Test Invites Inside!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MadSallyGames, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadSallyGames

MadSallyGames Active Member

#1 MadSallyGames, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    Introducing Scroodles, a word-adventure game now in beta. We're LOOKING FOR BETA TESTERS!!!

Scroodles combines simple word creation with a strategic battle system reminiscent of old school role-playing games. I came up with the idea for Scroodles after finding current single-player word games either overly complex or lacking depth.

I decided I couldn't be the only one who didn't enjoy trying to piece together ridiculous words using a wall of letters. In Scroodles you only have 8 letters, but the depth comes from how you use them and how you interact with the battle system.

You control “Pinkers,” an eraser on a quest to defeat a group of mischievous drawings known as the “Scroodles.” Pinkers spells words to battle up to three opposing Scroodles (who use the same letter tiles to fight back).

Words are used like weapons in Scroodles, with each letter dealing damage equal to its point value (less commonly used letters, like Q or Z, are worth more).

It’s sort of like Battle Scrabble. But with crazy characters and powers. So who wants to give it a try? I'll post a few links to download the beta (keep clicking if the previous link is taken). I'll keep posting more beta invites if people want them.

[​IMG]

I really would love everyone's feedback! We're a 3-man indie team and this is our first game together (although we work in the game industry). Feel free to PM me or e-mail at [email protected] if you need a new link or for any other info.

Link 1[Gone]
    Link 2[Gone]
    Link 3
    Link 4
    Link 5[Gone]

New links as of 6/4!
    Link 6[Gone]
    Link 7
    Link 8
    Link 9

2. locomoco

locomoco Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Ever since you posted the trailers for your game a while back I've been interested in trying your game. I love word games and puzzles! Looking forward to beta testing this!

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #3 coolpepper43, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    I've been playing for an hour and it's a really fun game. It's genius mixing turn based RPG elements with a word puzzler. It's a perfect mix wonderfully executed. I have not been close to hitting the timer.

4. MadSallyGames

Thanks Locomoco! That means a lot to us!

5. MadSallyGames

:) That's awesome to hear! Glad you're enjoying it. Please let us know if you run into any issues or have any suggestions!

6. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Used second link will leave impressions later thanks

7. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I would love to see some deeper RPG elements added like casting magic or upgrading spells.

8. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    It really is a fun game, the battle elements make it so much more than a regular word game which is nice and keeps me playing longer

9. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I took the link that is last in the list.
    Previously, you mentioned you wanted someone to test regarding the monetary side especially if they normally stayed away from specific iap's in games. I am sorry I did not come back and respond or offer to try it. I wasn't feeling very well at the time. So now, I am going to give it an honest effort. After all, I know the game is going to be great!

10. MadSallyGames

We have some ideas along those lines too... Thanks for the feedback!

11. MadSallyGames

Hey everybody I added a few more code to the original post. Thanks for playing!

Fantastic! Let us know what you think!

12. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #12 vectorarchitekt, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    Used link 6. Looking forward to trying this out!

Update: love it so far. Is there a possibility of a portrait orientation and an endless/high score mode?

Personally not to be picky but I would prefer a flat background, though I get the whole paper theme. Maybe black or a dark gray to make the characters pop?
    No bugs yet....

13. MadSallyGames

#13 MadSallyGames, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    A portrait mode is on the table its just a matter of how much work it would take. Our lead programmer totally wanted to have a flat background and use portrait. But I told him there'd be more space for the enemies in landscape. I regret it looking back. But we'll see if we can match it eventually.

We're thinking about having multiple backgrounds... maybe change it per world. We'll talk about a flat background, maybe an optional thing (we wanted to emphasis you're fighting drawings-come-to-life.

Thanks for playing and thanks for the great feedback!

14. MadSallyGames

Have any of you guys that tried Scroodles also tried AlphaBetty Saga? Care to comment which you liked better? Please be honest, it won't hurt my feelings. I'm too close to Scroodles to look at it from an unbiased perspective.

15. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    It has been kind of quite and was just wondering if there is any sort of news or a update on Scroodles?