Hyrule Warriors ( Zelda X Dynasty Warriors)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Gryphon, Dec 19, 2013.

1. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    *shakes head* No...

2. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    #3 Gryphon, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    This is NOT the main Wii U Zelda game but rather a spinoff. The Wii U Zelda game is still coming

3. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Heres something I posted in the Wii U dicussion...

A little something I noticed from the Hyrule Warriors video. I'm begining to believe this is the first game in the timeline due to the uncanny resemblance of Link in Hyrule warriors and Hylian's chosen hero. Both wear shoulder pads and Link is using an extremely untraditional shield. The only difference is the rendering of Hylian's chosen hero wears red cloth and this new Link seems go prefer blue

4. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Well this definitely is not what I bought a Wii u for. I've always found the dynasty warrior games incredibly boring and repetitive. Slapping link in there is surely just an awful spinoff idea. Bad move by Nintendo IMO. Link is known for fantastic adventures, puzzles and often interesting combat... Why let people associate a 'button masher' with such a character?! The graphics look absolutely horrible too.

I'll pass.

5. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I'm glad you've entitled your opinion to delegate whether or not Nintendo made a good decision or not. Just because its change doesn't mean its bad. Nintendo is expanding its horizons, the Wii U isn't doing well. They need partnerships and need to attract new developers. Also, just for the future, never talk about a game's graphics until its released.

6. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    This video blew my 10-year-old son's mind. He wants this game soooo bad now.

I liked it too. We're both big Legend of Zelda fans. We love Link's Crossbow Training too, and that certainly wasn't a traditional Zelda game. We'll take whatever we can get, as long as they make it fun. And they always do!

7. NthDegree

NthDegree Member

Interesting. What a strange crossover, never even considered these being combined, although I'm a huge fan of both franchises.

One of the things I love about Dynasty/Samurai Warriors though is the huge pool of characters and respective movesets you're allowed to choose from. If it's just going to be Link the whole time then I can kind of see how it could get repetitive a bit more quickly.

On the other hand it would be interesting to hear about what kind of story they have in mind, if it's something that explores the history of Hyrule it could be pretty amazing. Guess we'll see.

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    It looks like dumb fun. I'm OK with that as long as they are also working on a regular LoZ game (which of course they are).

9. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Iwata said in the Nintendo direct that this is NOT the next main Zelda game for Wii U and that is still coming

10. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Thanks for clearing that up, daddy. Seriously though, for your 'future reference' , i will continue to talk about any aspect of a game that i like, be it in the first month of development or actually released. While they may yet add some 'spit & polish', i think it's safe to say that the trailer is going to be fairly indicative of the final product.

The wii u needs quality, not quantity. I don't see how a tired button masher recycled with link is going to add any quality. Pimping out one of your main mascots that's known for excellence... Could backfire horribly. Review scores will average out at 6-7 with a few 5s in there and the odd 'can't see the wood for the trees' fanboy review giving 9s

Anyway, lets hope i'm wrong and it becomes a must-have system seller!

Oh and Fireball926, i've using forums for years, so feel free to message me if you want some coaching on how they work.

11. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    No need to get angry at the poor lad. Opinions are opinions. That's why we have them. I personally think the game looks like a blast and gorgeous. I can't wait for it. Love Zelda combat. We shall see how the development cycle changes things though.

12. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I apologize for somehow provoking you but it really aggervates me when people post illogical, non-fact based comments and automatically think they are correct. Yes dynasty warriors is a series that is often given mediocre review scores. Hyrule warriors uses the same forumla but lets remember, Nintendo is overseeing this, this features a Nintendo character, and will likely have an interesting plot(which I still believe will be the first game in the timeline due to the striking sinilarities). I realize you are fully entitled to have your opinions but that doesn't always mean its best to say them.

Also lets not post idiotic comments on how I need "coaching". You've been on the forums 1 year longer then me and I have 5 times as many posts as you do. Can we conduct ourselves as adults and end this?

13. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    I totally agree, and the point of a forum is for people to express their opinions and discuss with others. Someone telling me to "never discuss a games graphics until its released" clearly hasn't fully grasped the concept.

Do you actually read what you've written before posting? I expressed my opinion about a game based on the information just released by Nintendo, including the gameplay trailer in this very thread... I saw indicative graphics and gameplay and chose to comment. It isn't about being 'correct', it's just my opinion.

Opinion; a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The only thing "illogical" is you telling me not to express it.

:confused: you need to elaborate on this. Why would i have an opinion, be entitled to that opinion and not express it on a forum that's been setup for precisely that purpose? :confused:

My offer of help was childish, agreed. There is nothing cool about 'years on forums', though it was to emphasize my 'experience', and i'm not just talking about Toucharcade, i was a netnerd way before TA existed. Anyway, i go back to my original post about quality over quantity... In this context, i wouldn't be bragging about 5 times as many posts as me.

So lets leave it at that... You're fully entitled to love the graphics, and you're fully entitled to believe that Nintendo involvement will elevate this title above the tedium(imo) of the various Iterations of Dynasty Warriors down the years.

14. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I'm well aware of that.

I consider myself a Musou fan but this looks dumb.

15. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    #17 7lilwhitewolf7, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    Simon Says quote next time so Godzilla can keep doin the running man

16. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    ^ i know right? Juz straight stupid 4 thz blend. Maybey th ios devs on The Heroes of Three Kingdoms will get sum Eyedeaz. Both fanz will b followin closely. Cant wait

17. The Alpha Gamer

The Alpha Gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Wow you lot are a bunch of downers, this is what's convinced me that I should get a Wii U!

18. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Glad 2 hav helpd out. Bayonetta should b th only reason... Same great feelin win they merged wit Gundam.