Best low price MFi controller?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by neonbible, Dec 25, 2015.

1. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Merry Christmas all!

I think I got a controller for the iPad.

However I refuse to pay £50 ($75) for one. Which are the best of the budget models?

2. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Definitely go with the Mad Catz Micro C.T.R.L i. It is affordable and very well put together. I have been using it for a week now and I love it. Played Oceanhorn, Monster Hunter, Nubs, Final Fantasy 7 and a few other games already. Loving it! I read several great reviews before picking it up. Only downfall is it requires 2 AAA batteries. But I have rechargeable batteries, so no sweat!

3. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    These are still over my budget :(

Anything else for half the price?

4. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    The best available options are the SteelSeries Nimbus and the Horipad Ultimate.

Seems like the Nimbus is the only one available in the UK Appe Store store right now:
    http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/HJ162ZM/A/steelseries-nimbus-wireless-gaming-controller
    It's £39.95, and worth it.

The PXN Speedy is also £39.95 on Amazon right now. It isn't quite as good for iPad gamers, but it's still excellent.

If you want to spend a lot more money, the Gamevice is excellent, but it's a lot more than £49.

Avoid others in this price range. The Nimbus, Horipad Ultimate, and PXN Speedy are far better than previous-generation controllers, even though you might be able to find them a few pounds cheaper.