Premium Game Choices?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by asianness, Sep 18, 2009.

1. asianness

asianness Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Okay, I know we've had tons of these threads already but I don't feel like combing through the archives to find my answer. Plus, it's nice to have your own specific questions answered.

What are some good "premium" games? And by premium, I don't mean expensive, I mean good quality.

I looked over my growing app collection on my Touch and realized I got a lot of junk games. I had a whole page of throw-away, 99 cent games. I just went through my iPod and deleted all the junk ones. But now I want my collection to be filled with some good apps. I don't want to spend too much money but I really want some good quality games. I know a lot of new games have come out, but I'd like to know some of the older ones too. Some that have kept you busy for a long time, some of the "classics" (maybe from the past 6 months or so). I've been holding off on buying some but I have money now and am willing to spend it on some good ones. I'm thinking about getting Spider, Space Invaders Infinity Gene or Rolando 2 (I know, i'm kind of behind). As far as some newer games go, Blades of Fury, MC Sandstorm or Hybrid but I don't want to risk buying now when a "intro sale" could be coming up.

And I know there have been lots of these threads going before, so sorry for this, but it'll only take a minute for you to talk about your game choices. And please don't complain about the amount of these types of threads there are.

2. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Meteor Blitz
    Tyrian
    Blue Defense
    Isotope
    Helion
    iBlast Moki
    Stoneloops
    Orbital
    Silent Swords
    Monster Kill
    Galcon
    iBomber
    Lion Pride
    Sentinel
    geoDefense
    Snake Galaxy
    KIL.A.TON.

Have a blast.

3. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Meteor Blitz
    iBlast Moki
    Rolando 1 & 2
    Real Racing
    Modern Combat
    Blades of Fury
    iMech
    F.A.S.T.
    Sentinel 2

Just off the top of my head.

4. LonERecoN

LonERecoN Well-Known Member

My favourite games on the iPhone:
    Inkvaders (Awesome sidescroller game, short, but very high quality)
    Pathpix (With over 160 puzzles taking about 20 minutes each, great gameplay)
    HarbourMaster (Frequesnt updates, easily better than FlightControl)
    Defender Chronicles (Sidescroller meets TowerDefense, must have game)
    Uniwar (Strategy based game. Turn based Command and Conquer)

There are some other great titles out there too, but you might aswell wait for pricedrops. Don't let the hype of new games rush you intoa purchase.

5. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Real Racing
    Infinity Gene
    Gangstar
    Peggle
    iMech
    Let's Golf
    Doodle Jump
    FAST
    Sway