Official Assassin's Creed 2 Help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by eggzbacon, Jan 9, 2010.

?

Were you lucky enough to buy the accidental release of AC2?

1. Yes

27.1%
  2. No

52.1%
  3. Y ISNT DIS GAM 1 DOLLER!!!!11!

20.8%
  1. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Its official. If you need help, just post in this thread.
    I thought that we would need a separate thread for people who need help in the game. Well, those who were lucky enough to get it that is...

Okay, so is there a way to change your difficulty? Because, all I'm seeing is Normal when I get a new mission pop up.

Any help?

2. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    That is a good question. I don't see a way so i'm thinking no.

3. iamBone

iamBone Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Normal doesn't refer to the difficulty level, it refers to the type of mission.
    From what I read of the 'help section' in the pause menu, there are two types of missions.

"Normal", and "Chase". Normal means stealth, action, whatever you like (but if you get spotted three times, and then once more the mission/checkpoint fails). Chase is pretty self explanatory, I've only played the game a bit and only encountered one chase mission so far.

In the unlockable 'Animus hacks' and 'Feats' there's a Hard mode you can unlock.

4. David7

David7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    South Dakota
    Anyone have advice for not getting killed by missing long jumps? That's the problem I've been having.

5. eggzbacon

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Oh, okay thanks.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Don't... miss them?

(Sorry, I just kind of angry at missing out on the accidental release ;))

7. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Haha, same, but I still don't know if I woulda forked over 11 bucks for it... They said that the price was an accident, so maybe it's going to be a normal price of maybe 1.99 (maybe they accidentally hit an extra 1?).

So for you guys who have it, how's the game so far?

8. eggzbacon

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Its awesome. I think its worth $11.99 (maybe they accidently pressed 1 instead of 2)

9. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    Eh, I wish I would have got it. I was initially waiting for impressions, but it was already pulled by the time I got home from school. >_>

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I just spent $20.00 to download Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? for the PSP, a game that I've grown to despise with a passion. Would have gladly paid $11.99 for AC2.

11. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    It's a solid effort. The controls take some getting used to though.

12. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    #12 Somerandomdude, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
    Oh... didn't think about that. Hope not, otherwise I might let this one go... depends...

Yeah, bummer for me too. I didn't even get to check TA this morning since I was playing Time Splitters 2 (we had a delay... so I actually had the time).

Hoping it comes back soon. Updates hit the store relatively fast. Definetly waiting on this one, especially after how much I've been playing AC2 on my 360 lately... which is ALOT.

EDIT: Just curious, but what's this game's relation to AC2 for the consoles? His voice is deeper and it seems like he has a different background than the Ezio in AC2. Is it a side story, or is it a few years after the events of the console game?

13. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    So for those of you who snagged it, first impressions? I wasn't really even considering buying it [side-scroller aspect put me off a bit] but..Idk. When its re-released I might pick it up if there's enough positive comments.

14. David7

David7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    South Dakota
    I have to say I'm enjoying it so far. I got used to the slider bar for movement pretty easily.

15. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Hmm, good to know. How are the fighting sequences?

I wonder what the price is going to be after it is re-released, probably 6.99? I doubt they'd price it higher..then again who knows.

16. David7

David7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    South Dakota
    Fighting is fairly good/simple. You basically only have 1/2 attack button(s), but you have to sneak behind people to attack them most of the time, so it stays interesting

17. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    :/..1/2 attack buttons? So there aren't very many combos? Thats the main thing I hated about the original so much..the fighting was just so shallow.

18. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    There are tons of combos, it all depends on what weapon they are using, where you are standing, how high you are standing, there are a bunch of combos.

19. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Ohhh ok good, there are factors that determine what combo is produced. *whew* Ok I'm persuaded to buy it when it comes out now. AC is a sick game, and if the iDevice version does some justice for the fighting sequences, I'm sold ;)

20. Godaime

Godaime Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    I am already sold!

It's just that I missed the accidental release, will just have to wait then.

Very impressed by assassin's creed 1, loved it despite what other people say so looking forward to getting this one.