Game idea(s).

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by mebeswordguy, Sep 6, 2009.

1. mebeswordguy

mebeswordguy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I truly appreciate all of you devs work. I tried to wrap my head around it, but i have a rather small head. Here are some game ideas I had, was going to make before I reaized what utter crazyness goes into a game. Please tell me if you use these, I want to be a fan/contributor of ideas crazyli.

Mana Master:
    An episodic line drawing/tower defense/match three.
    in survival, you start off with a wizard, and a warrior. The wizard is a cute little character seen from above(as is everything else) and the warrior is a cute brute. Little streams of particles(mana) come into the screen, and your normal wizard walks over the mana, then brings it back to the castle.
    But this is a tower defense too, and evil orcs/enemys come in and try to attack everything of yours. everything has a health bar, and you lose that thing if the health goes to zero.
    but the mana is more interesting. there are different colors of mana, and if different colors hit, it takes away a life from your castle. But if you use a defletor/wall building wizard to guide two same colors together, it becomes worth more points. With mana, you can create more wizards of different powers.

Wizards:
    Gatherer: normal, gathers mana.
    deflector: deflects mana in a circle around him
    brickmason: builds walls, (can only get to a certain length, after that the oldest wall decays.
    Others
    Warriors:
    swordsman:a normal warrior
    calvary: faster swordsman:
    sorcerer: can touch mana to control it, and make it into a weopan.
    many more others

so, whatcha think?

2. ElectricGrandpa

ElectricGrandpa Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Hmm, I think you might have the start of an interesting idea here, but it's a little hard to follow. You should make some diagrams to really flesh it out. Focus on the core mechanics and how they work, and then flesh out the individual units/characters after. I'm in the process of making a game that involves mixing colors, so that part of your idea is familiar to me too.

If you can, just post more details here, I find it really interesting to hear other people's game design ideas. I think most people are too afraid that someone is gonna steal their idea, but I bet all the devs here are already working on games based on their own ideas, they won't just go steal other people's ideas.

3. mebeswordguy

Jul 5, 2009
    I will try to make some diagrams, will post them sson.

4. mebeswordguy

Jul 5, 2009
    Diagram 1

diagram 1:
    The basic just is to gather mana, and defend your castle, while matching mana of the same color to get more points.
    [​IMG]
    A:a wizard, he gathers mana he then takes to D
    B: this heart, represents a life. if mana of diff colors clashes, you lose a life, and if you get attacked you lose a life.
    C:Mana, can be collected by A, and can be combined with mana of same color. cant be combined with mana of diff color.
    D:drawbridge, where the gatherer brings his mana, tap to bring up store(next diagram.)
    E: enemy. can be fought by the warrior, (to the left of the enemy) if the enemy hits the castle you lose a life.

more diagrams to come. anyone who wants can take this game idea, i just want to help ith maybe the updates, or something.

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    This is the type of threads I love seeing. Not the, "I have ingenious money-making game idea, but I'm a teen without a Mac". I know it's kinda self-depreciating considering I'm a teen, too, but Jesus Christ it's moronic.

mebeswordguy, I tip my hat in your general direction.

6. mebeswordguy

Jul 5, 2009
    Uhh. Turn around. now thats my general direction. a little to the left, but close enough :)

7. mebeswordguy

Jul 5, 2009
    new diagram:
    [​IMG]
    A: wizard picture and name
    B:wizard stats.

Mana Wizards:
    gatherer: gathers mana and takes it back to the castle
    Deflector: creates a shield around himself that deflects mana
    wall-y: builds a limited amount of walls
    Antenae: builds an antena that attracts mana