A fix for DLC on Jailbroken devices

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by RegularStormy, Jan 13, 2010.

1. I recently updated "The Creeps!" to add DLC level packs and started getting support emails about users being prompted to create a test account for the sandbox environment! After one email, I was convinced it was just a problem with pirated copies (I even thought my beta had been leaked for a while). But after getting more and more emails with people having the same problem I did some research and found this:

http://help.boxcar.io/faqs/general/cant-use-in-app-purchase-this-is-not-a-test-user-account

So if you add DLC to your game, expect to get support emails with this issue. But at least there's a fix for it! I thought you guys would like to know :)

2. Bluellama1

Bluellama1 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    Yeah, I never had the problem but that was because I took steps to solve it before it was even a problem for me. I honestly don't know what it is about app sync that makes DLC not work.

3. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    Is there a way to do this without uninstalling? I don't wanna lose game data