ArmyAntz marching in July 2012 (Universal)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Acumen, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    #1 Acumen, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    Hey there, I'm banging the drums for a project, called ArmyAntz that I was lucky enough to do some gui and menu art for.
    I'll be around to answer any questions anybody might have :)

ArmyAntz is an overview realtime tactics game. We are going with a cartoon look for the game with toon shaded colors. Jump into the park with Army Antz dressed as World War 2 soldiers. It's an all out war between Blue and Red Antz for supremacy over the park. Defeat the opposing antz to gain land and power for your home colony.

The current goal is creating our finished project for the iPod/iPhone/iPad. Then after port it to the Android, maybe one day on XBox, PS3 and Wii.

Gameplay:
    ArmyAntz will be a real-time tactics game. The main objective is to take down the other team. You will be tapping away at the screen to direct your team further into the battle field, but don't rush, cause if you don't strategize, you just might not make it back. Take out the other players weakest link or group your team up and take the biggest Ant down. It's a Onslaught War.
    The best example for gameplay comparison would be the classic game "General Choas" from SEGA in 1994.

Hope you guys like the media that is available so far.

Here's the 2 teams battling for victory in ArmyAntz:

Team Blue
    [​IMG]

Team Red
    [​IMG]

And here you can see some of the environments that these little baddies will travel, fight and die on:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you like the idea and our progress so far, we would love if you consider having a look over at the Kickstarter page :)

And of course these guys are settled on facebook and twitter as well !

2. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    #2 Acumen, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
    Seems like our only commenter in this thread was deleted. Too much motivation :D

We have a turnaround of all the available ants classes. These are all being animated and put ingame atm. We have a good amount of animators doing their terrific duty on these little guys !

Here's another concept for the next level being worked on. I seriously don't know why Jonathan is making these huuuuuge screenshots all the time ;)
    [​IMG]

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Looks really nice. Looking forward to command my Ant Army. Good luck with the Kickstarter Project :D

4. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    thanks Sanuku. We'll have to see how it plays out :)
    Meanwhile i can show the stuff I was allowed to work on. Apart from the main logo that I did, I was asked to come up with the main menu and the likes. Pretty exciting stuff and I learned a lot again :)

edit: grrrr, johnny did another one of these huuuuge images.sry for that:/

[​IMG]

5. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Looks great. Is it going to be like a first person/third person type of game?
    I think it would look great either way. I am ready to kick some blue team ant booty.:)

Keep up the good work.....

6. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    #6 Acumen, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
    hey there :)
    The game will feature a 3rd person view where you have best control over your little creatures steps. Hope we can share some actual gameplay material soon enough !
    Hate to be the guy that only shows pictures but no actual gameplay *g*