Looking for new game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by hbernritter, Aug 5, 2010.

1. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    I have recently finished
    Angry Birds
    Jim and Frank
    Helsing's Fire
    iBlast Moki

I am looking for more games like either Angry Birds or iBlast Moki. I have fragger, and crush the castle. But, alas they are fun but aren't grabbing me like the previously mentioned.

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Castle Smasher

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #3 backtothis, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
    There's a really big thread for this.
    It even says "sticky" and is the first one in the long list of threads.

4. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    #4 Qordobo, Aug 5, 2010
    I'd say you like puzzles with levels and with a mood and a background and no real action game (well there are mini action games in Jim and Frank but that's not the point of the game).

For trajectory+physic games (a bit like iBlask Moki and Angry Birds) you could try:
    • The package, like many physic based games it will involves tries to find the exact solving, but like does iBlask Moki and Angry Birds. It use more diversified tools than iBlask Moki and will make you think a lot. But I suspect you could find it too serious and without the right mood.
    • Isaac Newton's Gravity, there's also a lite version. But it is even more serious and rather tricky

Perhaps you could look in the section of platform games that are puzzle oriented with no real action to disturb:
    • Trundle, this plateform game is using physics, trajectories and has a nice mood, don't forget wait for the little personages comments that you met through many levels. Alas there's no demo on iphone. And its mood is more intriguing and a little poetic than purely funny, it gently funny, perhaps it will not match your tastes.
    • Despicable Me: Minion Mania. That's an underrated game and it could have all you want, fun mood, good puzzles, really an excellent game, there's also a lite version to try.
    • Orlando 1&2, I haven't yet played any them enough to have a really personal opinion but from what I played and what I read form other, those have a good chance to match you expectations.

EDIT: It's a little out of topic but a match 3 like game, with a real approach of levels design by opposition to "beat the score" match 3 games, it's Call of Atlantis. Probably not fully at same top levels of those quoted above, but rather good game anyway, and the levels approach is rather interesting. Even if an element is the time, there's a real feeling of levels design and progression and not through time limit reduction. It has also a background story but well a bit cold probably.

5. snowdude11

snowdude11 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Jump o clock
    runstickrun2
    Snood
    TowerBloxx
    Ragdoll Blaster 2

These game are all good and you should check them out.

6. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Oddy Smog > JoC.

7. snowdude11

Jul 14, 2010
    That too.

8. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    #8 Qordobo, Aug 5, 2010
    Mmm can't believe I don't know any, what a newbie I am. Quoted, they are physic based? It is missing a best puzzle games thread not dig deep into the garbage of Mass what should I get.

EDIT: Mmm I know a ragdoll like game, probably a port from the original game coming from PC. My heart broke so much each time the doll get massacred that I really hated the game! Even forget its name.

9. Codycat

Codycat Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    Not to be rude but I personally think some people do these type threads to get more answers (he has gotten more answers than most people get in the mass thread). I could be wrong, but he has a decent amount of posts to not have seen the mass thread...

10. snowdude11

Jul 14, 2010
    I good and awesome puzzle game would be SIgma. Beat only half of it so for. I just have no more time to pllay with this game any more.

11. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Well backtothis was also looking at it in a cold logical way, if there is no tempering of such threads or of best of threads, this relatively quiet part of the forum would be overloaded with similar threads.

In my opinion the more simple would be to have a dedicated forum section of "best of" thread and "what should I get" thread instead of the garbage that is the mas thread.

12. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Thank you all so far for the answers. Gives me a lot to look into and I didn't post in the mass thread for 2 reasons. 1. I wanted my own thread so if 60 pages come up after my post i don't have to sift. 2. I wanted comments telling me how to find teh massive tread wit da sugargestions <---- that is a joke:eek:

13. Codycat

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    so i was right?

14. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Yes, the mass thread was one of the very first threads I visited and have visited several times. Its just to impersonal for me. I like to get my answers on the next post, not 3 pages and 4 posts later. Makes it hard at work ;)

15. Codycat

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    again, not to be rude but that just doesn't seem right to me...I understand the work thing(lol) but if everyone wanted to get there answer immediately this forum wouldn't be as good as it is now...and trust me, i have been here long enough to know what it was like before the mass thread...do you see what im trying to get to here?

16. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    I absolutely understand what your saying, and I am in no way looking for an argument so please understand what I say next is not meant to be offensive. I made the thread and what is done, is done. I got some good responses and will try to refer to other threads in the future to help keep with the streamlining of the current setup. But, as said before you don't always get a good amount of responses or attention from a mass thread that you would from a fresh one.

Qordobo - tried all your options and newtons gravity is the winner! A lot of fun, thank you for the reco