Just approved, what date to set?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by eJayStudios, Apr 23, 2010.

1. eJayStudios

eJayStudios Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Hi,

my first game ever has just been approved and ready for sale (in 24 hours as per Apple email).

My question is, what availability date should I set? As I'm in Australia, it's 23 of April here. In US it's still 22 of April.

Now if I set date to 23 I'm afraid people in US won't see my app till tomorrow their time.

But if I set to 22 and app won't be available for another 5-8 hours, does it means it better to set to 23 of April anyway?

Any help is very welcome!

2. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    hmmm only a couple more hours till 23 US tho, so just set it on 22 as ppl who it is available to can post their comments and convince others to buy

3. eJayStudios

Oct 17, 2009
    thanks mate, thing is, it's not available yet, only "Ready for Sale".

I've no clue when it will be available, hopefully in 6-12 hours, all depends on Apple.

And this is why I was wondering, if I set to 22 and it won't be available till 23 US time, maybe it is better to set as available on 23 anyway?

4. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I would set the 23rd...

Its already the 22nd, you will show up I think close to cupertino time on the 23rd and be on the top in new releases... Just my two cents.

- Matt

5. eJayStudios

Oct 17, 2009
    thanks Matt, set to 23, fingers crossed! :)

Found some other threads on TA discussing same topic, and people say the same thing, set to next business day.