Pocket Planes for Experienced Noobs?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by alyssacroacia, Dec 18, 2012.

1. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Sounds weird, right? Well, here's the deal:

I've been playing Pocket Planes for some time. It's totally addicting, but I don't know why; I'm not a fan of aviation! Maybe it's because Nimblebit is so awesome. (btw they sent me 10 bux and a Concorde engine today!)

ANYWAY, right now I am working on the MAGIC COMPETITION IN IQALUIT. I have completed 135 jobs, and at the time of this post I rank #144.

Even though I'm level 23, I have only 3 airports open: Iqaluit, Goose Bay, and Washington DC, which just finished up a Biz Meeting. I have 51 airports available to be built, but I only have three. And at the moment I have 8 airplanes in service:
    - 2 KANGAROO-Ps
    - 2 KANGAROO-Cs
    - 2 KANGAROO-Ms
    - 2 SEA KNIGHTs

The above planes are my favorites. Usually when I do a global event, I'll open the event city, plus two more cities (usually close enough that my Sea Knights can fly to) that are usually in a triangle. However, when I read everyone elses' posts, they talk about having like 10 airports open with several class 1, 2 and 3 planes flying all around the world. I don't quite get it.

The reason why I usually have only 3 cities open at a time is because when you have 10 cities open, it's so hard to get jobs from, say, LA to Dallas. I keep my cities close by because I almost exclusively use Kangaroos and Sea Knights. In my hangar I also have: 2 Pearjets, 1 Fogbuster, 1 Starship, 1 Hot Air Balloon, 2 Hueys, 1 Blimp, 3 Mohawks (for the Easter Island jobs), another Sea Knight, and 3 more Kangaroos.

OKAY, HERE'S THE POINT OF THIS ENTIRE POST (LOL):
    Can somebody PLEASE tell me/teach me/show me if/how I can maximize my Pocket Planes experience? I have 6 PP friends, and in all of my stats, I am 5/6 or 6/6. Dead last! I have no problem getting the minimum 50+ jobs required to earn the global event prize, but I would like to progress FASTER in this game and enjoy it more. I'd like to expand my airlines and get bigger/better planes to service more people. I like saving my bux, too, but right now I earn 1-2 bux every so often. Once I had my Starship in service and even though I lost 3,000-5,000 coins each trip, I gained 5-20 bux. I currently have only $123,079 coins and 425 bux (I spent some real money). Can you guys help a sista out? I need some help becoming better and more effective at Pocket Planes. ​

Which planes should I use? Which airports should I open? Which airports should I KEEP open all the time? Do I keep certain airports open, then open and close certain airports for each global event? Which airports do you have open for the current event (MAGIC COMPETITION IN IQALUIT)? Which planes are you using?

LEVEL: 23 (JUST got to level 23)

AIRLINE VALUE: $409,312
    AVG DAILY REV: $51,532
    AIRPORTS: 3 of 51
    POP. SERVICED: 5M
    TOTAL FLIGHTS: 6,377
    MILES FLOWN: 6,766,400
    PASSENGERS: 9,946
    CARGO DELIVERED: 10,053
    LONGEST FLIGHT: 5,084 MILES
    MOST PROFITABLE FLIGHT: $3,770
    BUSIEST CITY: GOOSE BAY
    BUSIEST REGION: ASIA

Thanks! I appreciate all the help!
    GameCenter: alyssacroacia

2. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    just noticed this in your signature. You may want to copy your post and paste it into the main PP thread if you want more answers.

I think you have too few airports open. I understand trying to fill them for the 25% bonus, but you need a few more to expand your reach and increase your income. Your goal should be to get several in a straight line, preferably class 3s that cross the Atlantic once you get a good plane. That way your income is better, and youll get more bux, too. If I were in your position, I'd wait till AeroEagles became available and get a bunch of those. I can send you a few if you'd like. Just let me know via PM, I might forget to check back in this thread.

3. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Thanks a lot for your answer, thisisina! I really appreciate it. I'll definitely copy & paste this like you suggested. I'll message you more details.