iPhone Mahjong Triplet, the real Mahjong game with GENUINE Chinese style is coming up!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by david_T, Nov 8, 2010.

1. david_T

david_T Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    PR & Marketing
    CA
    #1 david_T, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
    Looking forward the real Mahjong game with GENUINE Chinese style? Then try the latest iPad game from Uwingame, Mahjong Triplet, which brings you the most ultimate and unique Mahjong game in appstore.
    Why is it the ultimate one?
    To make a real Mahjong game, you need to go Chinese, because it is a game started there. Uwingame hired several artists who are specialized in Chinese style art and invited some experts in Mahjong and Chinese landscape painting as adviser for this game. After 6 mouths of hard work, now you are presented the masterpiece of Mahjong game, Mahjong Triplet, a game with fantastic game screen and melodious background music.
    Why it is unique?
    What makes Mahjong Triplet special is the unique game mechanism. In the game, besides finger tapping on the tiles, you must also notice the 7 slots at the bottom of the screen. Once all 7 tile library are filled up with, you will fail and need to retry the level, and this special mechanism brings more fun and differentiate Mahjong Triplet from other mahjong games. Sounds challenging enough? With this, you must be more strategical then before and calculate your next move or even more moves.
    There are three modes in all: Easy, Normal and Hard. Each has 20 levels. You can further personalize the look of the game with an unlimited selection of backgrounds. Choose images from your album, and you could customize your own levels as well. To help new player to get familiar with the game system, there is a Help button on the main UI. By tapping this button, player could quickly know how the system works. Meanwhile, you could upload your highscore in this game and compare with your friends around the world!

Features:
     Genuine beautiful Chinese style screen
     melodious background music
     Unique game system
     VS mode on one iPad
     Global leaderboard
     Customizable levels
     Customizable tile art and background

Uwingame official site:
    www.uwingame.com
    Facebook fanpage:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/UwinGame/128761900468886
    Tweet us:
    http://twitter.com/#!/Uwingame
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Are you planning on bringing Bonny's Triplet and Mahjong Triplet to the iPhone/iPod Touch?

3. Finandir

Finandir Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 7, 2010
    I was getting all excited thinking they were bringing an actual Mahjong game to the iPad. It appears they are really bringing another tile matching Mahjong game, like Shanghai and the many since — not like "GENUINE Chinese style" Mahjong, which is a completely different game. :( I like those, but it would be nice to see a good Mahjong game as well. The advertising is what confused me.

On the bright side, this sounds like a nice twist on Mahjong tile matching. If the quality is good and it plays well, I will be very interested.

4. david_T

Jul 2, 2010
    PR & Marketing
    CA
    hey Touchgamer,

thanks for reading~
    yeah, we are working on the iphone/itouch ver and release it quite soon. the arts and programming is about to finish, but we need to make some tweak and optimization to make it fit the small screen.
    if you are interested, please go to our facebook fanpage. we post all our latest news there and we are offering coupons and other special offer from time to time.
    http://goo.gl/ycZam

5. david_T

Jul 2, 2010
    PR & Marketing
    CA
    hi Finandir,

thanks for your comment. i got you. we are not sure about how big the REAL Mahjong market is and will be, that's why we did not make that. if you could share with us your opinion more on it, we will really appreciate. BTW, our adviser highly, almost furiously recommend we make a REAL mahjong game. so if we start, we will make it really fast.
    get back to Mahjong Triplet. i believe the core value of this game is the tile lib feature. with this, this game becomes unique because you must be strategical to win. to be frank, i failed a lot in hard mode...

6. DotComCTO

DotComCTO Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
    #6 DotComCTO, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
    I agree 100%. I was hoping to see a real iPad Mahjong game. I play quite a lot with my wife's family (they are from Shanghai and Hong Kong). I'd love to get a great looking iPad game of MJ with a solid AI engine.

David_T: if you ever get to build that kind of app, let us know!

:cool:

--DotComCTO

P.S. Hey Finandir...there *are* some real MJ games on the app store. I have China Mahjong 2, which runs OK on the iPad. I also just stumbled across Four Winds Mahjong for the iPad. It's $5.99 and I have not checked it out yet, but I may. The link is: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/four-winds-mahjong-for-ipad/id392500805?mt=8

Update - I tried that Four Winds app, and it needs a fair bit of work. Gameplay is OK, but it feel more like a prototype than a robust MJ app.