Doodle Jump on iPhone 4--less sensitive control?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by red9, Jun 25, 2010.

1. red9

red9 Member

Jul 1, 2009
    #1 red9, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
    Call me crazy, but I just played a couple quick games of Doodle Jump on my new iPhone 4 and it seems that the sensitivity of the tilt controls is much less than before (requiring a bit more movement to get the guy to move side to side). It feels a bit 'sluggish' for lack of a better word (not that there's lag, just that it seems to require more input in the way of tilting the phone to get him to move side to side). Anyone else experience this, or was my iPhone 3GS accelerometer just too sensitive, or is my iPhone 4's broken, or is there just a different level of calibration that the developers need to take into account for the iPhone 4? Thanks!

Edit: Just wanted to add, it's not a MASSIVE difference, just a noticeable one.

2. iStephen

iStephen Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Ohio
    Hodapp, you liked Doodle Jump on iPhone 4. What's your opinion?

3. red9

red9 Member

Jul 1, 2009
    bump...anyone else notice this? Thanks!

4. iStephen

iStephen Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Ohio
    Ok, so I went to my local AT&T store and they had a demo iPhone 4 unit with Doodle Jump (I'm buying mine in about a month). I really didn't notice any lag or anything. The game play seemed normal.