Anyone use watch list religiously?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by coolpepper43, Mar 11, 2015.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    i really love the watch list here on TA. I have so many games listed that it's starting to get overwhelming even though I'm constantly knocking off items on the list. I wish there was a way to organize the list into sections such as "must haves to buy" "things that I already have that want to keep on eye on" and "possibly interested if a price drop". Anyone else wish you could somehow the organize watch list?

2. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I rarely use the one on this site - on AppShopper on the other hand I have dozens of games on my watch list.

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I tend to delete stuff from my list once I've bought/downloaded it. I will keep my absolute faves on the list as sometimes TA tells me of an update before the AppStore does, but for updates on stuff I've no longer got installed I just check iTunes on the PC when I sync my device. Any really exciting updates will be covered on TA anyway. The watch list on here is my fave feature.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Nah i dont use watch lists. I just buy the games when they come out, its not like games are $29.99 or that

Plus i like the devs getting maximum money from their often $2 game

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I do the same but some weeks my budget doesn't stretch to everything i want,I'm also gift to my three nephews so many times one game is costs me x4, and as much as I'd love to. Uh everything I want in one go, it's not always possible, so I'll pop stuff on watch list to buy later, some weeks I have more spare cash than others, so the watch list is good for weeks when I have more and I can go and pick up what I missed. I also pop free games on as I'll not have space to install yet, the TA one is good for letting you known when upcoming games are released and articles on specific games too.

My brother who is a lurker here uses his to keep track if reviews he has left, he'll remove stuff as he's left a review.

The TA watch list has so many more functions than just waiting for stuff to go free. I love it.

6. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #6 coolpepper43, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    Agree 100%. I use it all the time for free games when I don't have space, which is all the time, lol. :D

7. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I use TA's watch list along with App Zap Pro , its very useful than having too many games on table.

8. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I don't generally like AppZapp as much, but it does have the big advantage that it actually looks at the UK App Store to get the prices rather than trying to work them out from the American App Store prices and sometimes getting it wrong like TA and AppShopper do.

9. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Agreed, I use the watch list all the time, otherwise a game comes out and I miss the launch! There are way too many "Upcoming" games that I'll forget about unless I watch them.