iphone to XBL???

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by cookiemonster, Jul 7, 2009.

1. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    i was curious how easy it would be to translate an iphone game into something that could sell on xbox live. im not a developer and i do not have any coding experience so i dont have the first idea on what the process would be. I was just curious how something like that could or would go. Has this been done already? Seems like a good way to make some extra cash as a dev...

2. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    there have been a few games released on both iphone and xbox live already.

3. Xood

Xood Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Casual Game Developer (Coder,CTO,CEO)
    Germany
    It depends on a lot on the game.
    Then what kind of engine was use. Maybe on iPhone the game was done with the SDK and for the Xbox its ported using C# -- this will mean a lot of re-coding.

On the other hand someone might use an engine for the iPhone which is also available for the Xbox, hence that will make it quite a bit easier.

If the game should really shine on the xbox, it better supports a higher rsolution than that of the iphone and this can lead some some additional work if not planed ahead. Even more, the iphone game might be a vertical game and then the whole interface might need to be changed.
    Besides the xbox not having a touch control.

So it all comes down to what game it is, how it was coded and how the resources (art, etc) are available.

4. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    good info, thanks