Any more LEGO games coming soon

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by halljames, Jun 15, 2011.

1. halljames

halljames Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    UK
    Just wondering if anyone new if LEGO Star Wars Clone Wars, or LEGO Pirates would be coming to iOS.

I enjoyed Harry Potter, and have been wondering about getting the other two on PSP, but if they are coming to the iPad, I shall hold off.

2. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    #2 Magnum0ik, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
    I have been hoping for these too.

The existing Lego Batman on Iphone doesn't look good IMO.

Pirates and star wars would be an instant buy.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Judging by the console versions, I'd say Batman would be a much better fit than Pirates, which really wasn't a fantastic LEGO game compared to the others. That said, it's getting quite old and has already seen a DS release, I can't imagine they'll go back to it now. Star Wars would be the obvious choice.

4. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Probably. Because of the success of LEGO Harry Potter, they would probably make more LEGO games, Star Wars would be awesome!

5. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I would only expect the new ones. Lego Pirates or Lego Clone Wars. There has to be a delay due to the difference in price. But after a few months, I don't see why there wouldnt be. I can't see them going to the back catalogue though.

6. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    I hope so.

The only reason I bought Lego Harry Potter was because I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. Was never really a Lego game fan. But I loved the design, gameplay, and controls. Now I really love Lego games.

So I hope there's a new Lego game, mostly hope Batman. If not that, then Star Wars or Pirates. Batman would be great though.

7. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Funny I was just thinking about Lego games on the iOS. For what it's worth the pocket gamer rumor miner said more Lego games where coming but that was months ago.

I'm hoping something shows up soon

8. Zeratulz

Zeratulz Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    I would trade my son for Lego Star Wars......just sayin'!

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Lmfao.

10. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    #10 SirAwesome, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
    I did my homework for you guys and found some interesting stuff. Now it is from the pocket gamer rumor miner but nonetheless some news is better than what we have now.

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean setting sail for iPhone, iPad

img Pirates of the CaribbeanTraveller's Tales did a fantastic job adapting LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, which makes the prospect of another LEGO platformer hitting the App Store a promising one indeed. Handled by the portable group at TT Fusion, a division within Traveller's Tales, upcoming LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean looks a likely candidate.

The game is already on track for release on Nintendo DS, successor Nintendo 3DS, and PSP, and an iOS release is more than likely. Solid sales of LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 and a vocal community calling out for more LEGO games make it a wise move.

As with the previous game, expect LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean for iPhone and iPad to be a modified version of the PSP game with new control options (include a digital analogue stick from the outset, please).

A summer release alongside the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie is planned - the price could match LEGO Harry Potter at £2.99/$4.99, though it would still be a steal at £5.99/$9.99.

I still have hope even though the movie release has come and gone.

Edit found some more from the rumor miner:

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars coming to iPhone and iPad

With the successful debut of Traveller's Tales's LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 on iOS late last year, more LEGO love is on the way. LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars looks likely for an iPhone and iPad release shortly after the forthcoming console and handheld debut this spring.

The brick-busting adventure chronicles the new Clone Wars animated series with new levels, characters both familiar and fresh, and plenty of new features including touch controls tailored to iOS devices. Hopefully, the game packs a virtual analogue stick option right out of the gate, rather than introducing it as an option in a future update.

Traveller's Tales is taking iPhone and iPad seriously and we know from the great work LucasArts did with Monkey Island 2 Special Edition (hey, we're still waiting for that Grim Fandango remake) that iOS is a priority, so it's just a matter of time until an official announcement is made.

Once again im holding on to hope but it seems to me at least the prime release window for these games have come and gone. Or is TT just waiting for the buzz around the other platforms lego games to die down so they wouldnt lose any potential sales?