Enviro-Bear: So lame it's awesome or is it just plain lame

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Tmonine, Sep 1, 2009.

?

Is enviro-bear so lame it's awesome or is it just lame

1. It's so lame it's awesome! :-)

23 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. It just lame. :-(

17 vote(s)
    42.5%
  1. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    #1 Tmonine, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    Is enviro bear just really lame or is it so lame that it's awesome? I have been considering buying it and want to know if it's worth it.

EDIT: PLEASE DISREGARD THIS THREAD AS I HAVE ADDED A NEW ONE WHICH IS EXACTLY THE SAME BUT HAS AN EXTRA OPTION ADDED TO THE POLL - JUST PLAIN AWESOME!

2. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    its too hard to drive. i dont even play it

i think i spent a total of 30seconds on it

3. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    This thread is in danger of self-destructing. To question the omniscience of the Enviro-Bear is to suffer it's wrath. You will be little more than a morsel of berry or fish tossed distainfully down the mighty ursine's gullet. The word "lame" and Enviro-Bear have as much in common as George W. Bush and the word "intellectual". The word "awesome" scarcely meets the requirement. Hopefully, the Enviro-Bear will take pity on you for posting this thread, and doesn't come smashing into you with the force of a thousand hammers and the heat of a thousand suns.

4. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    c.) It's just awesome and not lame at all

5. saintsalive

saintsalive Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Playing pocket god! Oh, and other games.
    Pygmy Island
    agreed. Trust me, buy the game! I play it all the time.

6. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    listen to the sizzlakalonji ^^

7. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    This one game no one in TA can convince me to buy. Not even if there`s 2000 words review from BA with 5stars. (Now dont tell me there is such a review :eek:)

From what i`ve heard and seen, it`s just lame. And I`m not gonna buy it to find out if my impressions are right or wrong.

Btw Tmonine, make all the posts you want to right now, coz as soon as Hopadd sees this thread... you`ll be banned :p

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    So lame it's awesome. In fact, I wouldn't say it was lame at all. The graphics trick people into thinking it's a joke when really it... sort of isn't, at least not totally. It's a serious game about how difficult it would be to drive a car if you were a bear, and it simulates it really well. The whole aim is to put you into a difficult situation and see how you manage, and it becomes quite a skilled procedure.

9. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    There is no review from me on Enviro-Bear if that tells you something :rolleyes: You may as well buy Amy Gets a Tan and throw the bear in there because they're both in the same category for me to varying degrees.

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It should be noted that this game was originally made for a competition. The goal was to create a game that involved a cockpit... obviously lots of people went for space ships and planes, but others got creative and didn't want to settle for the typical game cliches. It was made by one guy on his own and with a time limit... and considering it was up against 40 other games and won (Competition Results)... I'd say that at the very least, the free PC version is worth a look. Most of the other entries are also available for download if you search those forums and some of them are far worse than Enviro-Bear.

Admittedly being an indie game and part of a competition, it's more interesting to people who are into game development than just casual gamers. That, and it's not easy.

11. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    i think its just lame

12. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ahhh. Such a relief. ;)

I still dont have words to describe your act of unparalleled bravery in the name of saving your fellow TA`ers from the inhuman torture only known to us as "Amy Gets a Tan". I salute you for your courage (and pity you for what you had to go through :p)

13. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    Now if they do a crossover where Enviro-Bear rubs suntan lotion on Amy, then we may have something. :eek:

14. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    How this game has become "popular" shows the power of the TA community, and probably nothing more than that.
    If it wasn't for everyone jumping on the bandwagon, this game would have disappeared into oblivion, where it deserves to be.
    There is no such thing as so lame that it's awesome. That's like saying you're so short that you're tall....you're so ugly that you're pretty...you're in such good shape that you're fat....you're so rich that your poor....they just don't go hand in hand....
    I will stop now. ;)

15. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Albie has been spared the wrath of Enviro-Bear due to his service for the community. However, don't be surprised if there's a time when Enviro-Bear asks you to repay the favor...you won't know when, and you won't know where, but you will need to repay this debt to the Godfather.

16. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    I don't know how many of you remember the movie Jawbreaker with Rose McGowan, but Enviro-Bear seems to fit. In the movie, the most popular girls in school transform the school's outcast into one of the popular girls. I tend to agree with Mr. Charley that TA had a serious impact on driving this game up the chain. Enviro-Bear is the Jawbreaker of TA.

17. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I don't remember that movie, but I remember Rose McGowan. Except for that whole Marilyn Manson fiasco, she's pretty high on the list of yummy.

18. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

You can download it free and play on your computer. try that, then if you still like it, buy the iPhone version. Sorry, no link.

19. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I actually kind of enjoyed it :eek:

The physics are pretty good, and can affect your driving, by getting stuck under the gas pedal so you can't drive, and hectic stuff like that.

If you take it seriously, yeah, it blows. But I thought it was amusing.

20. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Herecy. You shall be burnt at the stake

Actually, I don't really care you hate it. but comparing it to amy gets a tan is a little harsh.