KONY 2012 - Spread the word!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by LOLavi, Mar 7, 2012.

1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Hi...

I just saw KONY 2012 on Youtube and it really touched me. I want to help and spread the word of this injustice. Please just spare 30 minutes of your life and watch this video at http://s3.amazonaws.com/kony2012/kony-4.html (scroll down) and then pledge.

Basically I can't explain it as well as in that video, but Joseph Kony is a leader of an army or child soldiers. He abducts children, makes them his soldiers, uses girls as sex slaves and more... He needs to be stopped and the idea of this project is to let the world know and get US politicians and other famous people to do something about it. You can of course help too by sharing.

I hope you share this... I started crying during this which is rare for me while looking at videos... Please share this video, and most of all, at least watch it... :(

2. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
  3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I don't care about your criticism. I'm sorry if I actually care about the world and try to make the difference even if it's just by pledging in. :/

4. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

already happening http://rt.com/usa/news/obama-kony-troops-africa-903/

btw there was a movie released about the conflict last year "machine gun preacher"

5. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
  6. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    what do you mean with support has died down?.. either the troops are deployed or not.. if he hides under a rock its hard to get hold of him.. yes.. bin laden is still hiding under a rock.. so?

if people really believe it makes a different cut off the head of such an group does not understand that for his followers by killing him he only becomes a martyr and someone else takes his place..

there is a reason behind their ideals if you understand them or not.. or find them completely disgusting. for such things to stop you need to remove their reason todo so.

7. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Good old Whitey taking care of all the problems of the world using their superior social networks.

8. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    This shit has been going on for 20 years now. Suddenly a video comes out, suggesting we buy t-shirts and bracelets to protest it, and a million social activists are born on Facebook.

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Real.

Checked the news feed earlier on fb, and yeah, "lol."

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I know, I've been aware of it for 5 years myself too even though I'm only 14, but I'm just glad they're doing something finally and fyi, the accesories selling is to get people know the mr. Kony and let US know we want them to keep the forces there, because they may be pulling them off.

You can criticize all you want, but that just shows that maybe you don't care about this problem... Go live your sweet lives, while these kids are suffering. F*** this, thought this community at TA would be better... Guess not. All they come here is criticize on something that I was really excited for.

11. nic.

nic. Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Malaysia
    From what I understand (when I watch the video yesterday), they don't really "sell" the stuff, you donate any amount of money you want, and they'll send you a pack of stuff for free.

Completely agree with what mr.Ugly said. Killing a single person or heck even a group of "bad guys" will not solve the problem completely but amazingly a lot of people seems to think so.

However, the way I see it, its a start nonetheless.

12. r2ks8x

r2ks8x Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    #13 r2ks8x, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
    from my perspective you're dealing with a group of people not just kony but the whole LRA yep it's useless to kill the leader nevertheless after he's killed there will be a new leader on the rise just like the story of bin laden's death leader died many people want to replace him to gain power but that's just only my solely opinion

13. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
  14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    If you'd paid more attention to why we were criticizing it maybe you'd have noticed that the more we bring the Kony problem into the public eye, the more he'll strike back and punish us for doing so by harming children. It's not a problem that has gone unnoticed at all, and dealing with it is best done quietly and with as minimal fuss as possible. This is the very reason covert operations exist.

15. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    #16 Allanon, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
    ^My sentiments exactly.

People believe what they hear far too easily..

@LOLavi you're 14????? And you wonder why people are backlashing against propaganda? You're at an age where you're highly influenced, you'll eventually be able to grasp the bigger picture but for now just try and keep an open mind.

16. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Age doesn't matter when you have the whole family following news and dad a philosophy teacher at university and constantly following news about America and criticizing it :p I did read and watch more videos and I am understanding your point and it's actually making me think of this whole campaign again, but you should've watched my reply few posts up as I was already being more open minded over there.

17. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
  18. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    That's great to be informed at your age then, I just feared maybe you could be led to believe anything. Definitely keep an open opinion on EVERYTHING you see and hear, it'll lead you to be a great problem solver and thinker.

I don't think anyone is trying to say the dude isn't evil and he shouldn't be stopped, but the way the message was spread there has to be more to the agenda.

19. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Uh huh