Chillingo game releases...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Darth Ronfar, Feb 23, 2012.

?

Which game is your favorite?

Poll closed Feb 27, 2012.
  1. Angry Birds

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Cut the Rope

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. Contre Jour

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  4. Anomaly Warzone

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. Infinity Field

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  6. Modern Conflict

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Quest gold

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Seed 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. NYx Quest

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  10. Swords and Soldiers

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #1 Darth Ronfar, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
    This thread is for helping people keep up to date with Chillingo's numerous releases(Ussually two a week now). There will be a full list of all the games, short description and breif review. Hopefully we can get a good overall ranking of the games through polls while keeping up with new releases and discussing what's worth getting and what's not.

List of all releases to date in order -

iDracula - Undead Awakening
    Developer MoreGames Entertainment
    Release Date -April 13, 2009

[​IMG]

Game Features -
    •Precision twin-sick controls make it a breeze to run-and-gun. Surviving, though? Not so breezy.
    •Aim eight different weapons at your prey, including crossbows, flamethrowers, and the ultra-violent blade ripper.

Not sure if this is the first game they released but it's where I'll start. Never played this one, though it looks good.

Parking Mania
    Devoper Mobirate
    Release Date -September 17, 200

[​IMG]

•Over 80 stages will challenge your brain and thumbs. Can you smoothly and safely park all of those cars?
    •Three different control schemes for parking the cars: touch, tilt, or a virtual steering wheel.

I've had alot of fun with this game despite being pretty terrible at it. It's basically just moving cars around without hitting anything. The over the top view is cool and the gameplay is surpassingly deep. Also there's multiple options for controlling the cars. ( all of which I'm terrible with by the way) I def. Recommend this game although I'm not good at it I still have has alot of fun with it.

The poll has ended with the results being -

1st Cut the Rope - 9 votes
    2nd Contre Jour - 6 votes
    3rd Angy Birds/Infintity Field - 4 votes
    4th Anomoly Warzone - 3 votes

I'd like to have another poll with ten more games and see how that goes.... If I could make it like a tournament all of the above would move on carrying there points with them against games from another poll and etc. Problem is I dint exactly know how to do another poll.

I'll get to adding more old releases later but for now let's focus on the upcoming games...

2. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #2 Darth Ronfar, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
    Releases - Feb. 22-23

Sticky Sheep™ - $.99(USD)
    Mafia Rush™ - $.00(USD)

Feb. 15-16

Little Acorns - $.99(USD)
    Blockolicious- $.99(USD)
    Toy Factory™ - $.00(USD)

New Releases coming -

The Fancy Pants adventures
    [​IMG]

The oft-imitated but never replicated Fancy Pants is here. Millions of players around the world have deemed it one of the best online games ever created, and now you can play it on your favorite iOS device. Not only is the experience faithfully and respectfully translated, it’s actually the best version yet. COMING SOON

Game Features
    The insanely popular online game, lovingly brought to iOS devices in all its glory.
    Flawless platforming physics make the game a joy to play, control, and conquer.
    The hand-drawn aesthetic is perfected here and simply leaps off your device's screen.
    Copious amounts of customization lets you create your ultimate Fancy Pants character.
    Universal app that plays on both your iPad and iPhone.

My Thoughts:

This looks like a obvious but to me, having not played the original version. I'm not sure if it will have the online like the xbox/ps version but if it does that would be awesome. This looks like a fantastic platformer with alot of work put in to it. I like the wide- screen view, which is popular now among new Platformers. I'm glad to see 2d Platformers making a comeback. This is yet another fantastic release for Chillingo.

3. Harriet03

Harriet03 Member

Feb 23, 2012
    [​IMG]Thanks very useful to me

4. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
  5. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Thanks, I'm already using that for info, and this is a work in progress obviously. Hopefully we can get a good review system going. When next week comes hopefully it will be up to date. I want it to be a place to review new games and keep track... So any help or advice would be appreciated.

I figured using polls would be the best way to get a rank by giving points to what gets votes then having the top ones move on etc..

I'm thinking about making the old releases as brief as I can so their can be space to keep up with the new stuff...

6. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Definitely looks like a keeper thread. Some of my favorite games have been missed by the majority of Toucharcaders, and often times people miss Chillingo games simply because there's always a couple of them out each week, though I've yet to see a Chillingo game that wasn't a solid game (few that I didn't enjoy, but that's different). Couple of quick things:

1. Poll feels too early, really shouldn't be there honestly, unless there was a nomination process. Can you change the poll ever?

2. Don't post every single Chillingo game. That would be pretty repetitive. Instead, put on the latest of say the last 6 months or after Jan. 2011 or something, plus any top suggestions by people.

For the fun of it, here's a few Chillingo favs of mine:
    Rocket Riot, Flick Champions, Blobster, Dream Track Nation, and Streetbike: Full Blast.

7. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Ya, I dunno I just felt like I should get something going..there's gonna be multiple polls to include all or most games with the top ones moving on I dunno yet. I didn't feel like taking a poll to see if we should have a poll. Well it ends in a few days anyways...

And Im gonna get to the more recent stuff but I think all the games need to be atleast listed...

If there wasn't any more than that it would be no different than just going to chillingos website or the appshoper. I want this to be about which games people like and what is the most favored and get multiple opinions so people can be able to make the best decision possible each week or whatever. Q

Bassicly like a thread but since Chillingo realeses 2 games a week it's hard to keep track..

I dunno... Anybody can post ideas or suggestions I haven't been here as long as alot of people I guess so maybe I need some guidance on what this thread should be about or if it's needed....

8. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #8 undeadcow, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
    Although I admire the effort I continue to be confused by the practice of idolizing games from one iOS publisher or another. Since Chillingo publishes apps made from various assorted developers there may not be any clear link or connection between those games. Similarly a record label may publish both rap and heavy metal music albums so a shared label may relate more to business investment diversty than genuine connection between components. The Quest Gold (which got my vote) has not relationship wih Angry Birds, both are separate intellectual properties licensed under respective development companies (Red Shift and Rivo). People do this with Crescent Moon too, obsess over who is publishing a game when that publisher has limited/no involvement in development and each app is separate from the others. To me it makes sense to look at games by the same developer/programmer for comparison but not across publisher. If Red Shift (Quest people) make another game I would be interested but if Rivo were to expand beyond Angry Birds I would not care so to me the shared Chillingo tag alone doesn't excite. By the way, what is your favorite Random House book?

However, I would be curious to see how Chillingo selects which apps it will publish since their portfolio seems robust and of generally high quality.

Respect to Darth Ronfar and his efforts.

9. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    True, but Chillingo actually has devoted a few of it's games and alot of the titles are at certain quality. Even if only linked by publisher...that's still a valid link and honestly no other Dev or publisher is releasing anything close to 2 games per week.

I understand they don't make all the games but they do play a big role or atleast have some imput on publishing aspects.

Most people still see all Chillingo games as under one category, mostly being puzzlle platformer and other physics based games with exeptions.

And it's just for fun and help and such... Wouldn't you like to see all their games ranked or get the latest reviews and have it all in one section.

I think Chillingo deserves it's own thread if not for their quality of games then for atleast their quantity. I don't think they are comparable to any other Dev/publisher in terms of importance to the IOS Market and continued succes.

I want this thread to be for the fans and the people, if for nothing more than just for entertainment or knowledge.

10. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I have noticed that the amount of Clickgamer.com games Chillingo are releasing has decreased. Must be because Chillingo are only excepting quality or party quality games.

Anyways Chillingo.com has a lot of info that might help.

11. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I think they have gone there separate ways, leaving alot of confusion behind where some games lie I think. I sure there still on good terms it's just been awhile since they've released anything together... I'm not exactly sure about the situation.