Adding a new version of my app before release

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by derpderp, May 11, 2012.

1. derpderp

derpderp Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Hi, I've uploaded my binary to the app store and its been accepted, its due for release within a week.

But I noticed a bug and I've fixed it.

I'm sure I read somewhere that if you upload a new version of the binary before release, the current one is removed until the new one is approved. Seeing that my app is due for release very soon I need to know if my app will be removed if it is updated before release as the new version will not be approved before the release date.

Thanks in advance everyone!

2. derpderp

derpderp Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
  3. DemonJim

DemonJim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    App Developer
    UK
    I'm not certain as I always just release as soon as apps are approved, but I think you will still have the ability to Developer Reject the binary? It's hidden away in iTunes Connect somewhere.

If so, do that and then create a New Version (v1.0.1 or whatever). v1.0 won't go Live if you've rejected it yourself.

I know for a fact that if an app is still Waiting For Review you can Developer Reject and resubmit the same version (with bug fixes etc.), but think I read that once it's been approved (or has gone to In Review) you must create a full new version.

So fish around in Binary Details or something in iTC and if you find a 'Reject This Binary' button then you're sorted.

4. radiangames

radiangames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    With two games I submitted updates (to approved games) before release, and both updates passed prior to release.

The first one I approved the update prior to launch and it launched on the normal release date (the original was never available unless you had a promo code). The second game I forgot to approve the update's release until the launch date, and everything went as expected despite that (looked like I updated the game a few hours after release).

So I never had your exact situation, but I'd guess the approved version will go live on the launch date regardless of the update's status.

Luke.