GameSalad Changes

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Photics, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Photics

Photics Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    There was a recent announcement by Steve Felter - the new CEO of GameSalad.

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=19363

Basically, professional subscribers can replace the GameSalad splash screen with their own splash screen. Also, Game Center leaderboards should be available in the next update.

Those are two pretty good changes for GameSalad. I know that the mere sight of the GameSalad splash screen can cause feelings of contempt in some gamers. With the ability to remove the splash screen, GameSalad developers can be judged on their own abilities, and not by association with the software.

I think this is an exciting change for the software. After some rocky months, and the passing of the GameSalad Direct® fiasco, it looks like the company is heading in the right direction again.

2. therhino

therhino Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    GameSalad is a joke, I say this as both a programmer and a gamer. I would never use it to develop games and I've never played a good GameSalad game, IMHO it's for wannabe coders. I know real programmers use it, but I think something like Unity3D is much better if you're trying to develop a HQ product.

3. yemi

yemi Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    I think gamesalad is fine even though I dont use it. Its the individual developer that determines whether the product is good or not. Not the engine ,otherwise every game would be solid except for gamesalad games , which we know is not the case.

4. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    Yemi drops a nuclear logic bomb!