Has anybody here purchased The Spell of the Forgotten by Tin Man Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cheshire-Cat, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Cheshire-Cat

Cheshire-Cat Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Hello,

I recently came across Spell of the Forgotten in the AppStore and am wondering if it is any good. I have heard good things about other game-book apps by these Dev's in the past, however reviews on this particular one are few and far between.

I only have money for this book or one of their others that are 3.99 or below (incase somebody wanted to recommend a different one)

My biggest concern is that people say the book is targeted towards a younger audience (pocket gamer said something like 8-12) I am 16, however, as long as the writing/story is good I'll have no issue reading it. (I don't want the story to be so childish it's not enjoyable to me) one of the user reviews on the google play store briefly compared it to Pan's Labyrinth (similar atmosphere) and being a huge fan of Pan's Labyrinth this appealed to me. Is that true? How is the atmosphere?

Finally - is the end a cliffhanger? I heard this is the first in a trilogy.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I dont know anything about that game but i'm a huge fan of their Fighting Fantasy gamebooks. They're superb as theyre obviously based on the classic books of the 80s and early 90s

Well worth picking up