OpenFeint/Plus+/AGON

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by d1, Oct 10, 2009.

1. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    does any1 else wish there was just one that all apps use? personally i hate how there's so many different versions of basically the same thing..

2. AlvinDj

AlvinDj Well-Known Member

Competition... my friend :)

3. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    yea i know but its soooooo annoying gah! lol

4. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    one thing m$ did it right - great online community with guess what - achievements... since the 360 launch i couldn't find any better reason to play games than to unlock achievements.. ps3 was late but hey, they are trophies now! but when it comes to igames... ya that's really annoying...

so far i think openfeint is the best one, leaving +plus a "minus" for so little games and stuff (ngmoco's, basically)... i only signed up for agon cause i really love the creeps...

i think apple should release a definitive "live" service as an api for devs, so (no offense to any of this service providers) everyone could stick to one thing instead of having 3 or even more profiles to brag about their gamerscore/trophies/awards...

5. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    yeah, thatd be cool, they should all use Plus+ and we could get points for all achievements and all games!

6. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    actually i much prefer OF over the other 2. the setup is very clean and it is more widely used. i would've been able to put up with just OF and Plus+, but now that AGON is here im drawing the line. 2 programs that provide the same service is k, but 3 now?? when is it g2 stop??