QuitIt! EP2 - Shock and Oww - Submitted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mobileben, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mobileben

mobileben Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Zgrunturos and San Francisco
    #1 mobileben, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
    Last Friday, we finally submitted our first update to QuitIt! EP2 Shock and Oww took a bit of time to get out the door, but Lumpy thinks you'll find the changes worth the wait! Newer updates will not take that long, unless people indicate they would prefer larger updates.

We took a lot of feedback from people here on TA as well as the reviews in iTunes and put them into EP2.

Lumpy's giving me the "Get to the deets already!" look :rolleyes:. Here are a couple of screenies and the video link is in the post below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More screenshots can be found on our blog.

Here's a quick breakdown of what is in EP2!

• A brand spankin' new feature: Minigames!
    • Over 20 Pokers to tease or please Lumpy with, including our very first full featured poker: the zaptastic Joy Buzzer!
    • Longer lasting Pokers
    • More than 15 Gifts, including 2 interactive Gifts!
    • Dress up Lumpy with accessories ... if you can find them!
    • Wacky Room Themes to buy!
    • Holiday Room Themes to brighten up Lumpy's day!?
    • See how Lumpy feels with the Mood Meter
    • Tilt and shake to tease Lumpy!
    • Stats and Achievements
    • A bunch of secrets ... can you find them all?

Oh, yeah, we've already started production of EP3: Do You Really Want to Hurt Me? As the name sort of sounds, there will be more nice things you can do to Lumpy ... which will possibly make you ask yourself that question.

If you have any questions or comments, please free to post them :D! We'll be happy to answer them.

2. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Lumpy says check it out ... our QuitIt! EP2 gameplay video! :D

3. Negamaki

Negamaki Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    This is such a substantial and amazing update. How come I don't remember half of these things that are in Ep. 2 when I tested it?! :eek:

4. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    #4 mobileben, Oct 3, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
    Thanks! Lumpy just blushed when I told him what you wrote! :D

Some of the things you're seeing in the video were locked items. During early testing no one even knew they existed. It was suggested to us that we list out the achievements so it would be easier to find the unlockables, which we did.

Also some of the items weren't fully functional until the very end :eek:!

5. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    ...and all of it is very fun stuff :)

6. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I cant wait! And Im ecstatic to see whats in there for me! :D

7. Negamaki

Negamaki Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Haha, the only special thing I recall unlocking was the zombie hand.. I tried everything - maybe have some hints to unlock them in the game? :p

Anyways, do you guys plan on implementing OpenFeint eventually? Also, it would be cool if the Lumpy-meter had a big impact on Lumpy's behavior - such as if it's low then he has tears in his eyes and if it's high then he dodges the poker more often and laughs.

Keep up the good work guys! The game is fantastic and I KNOW it will succeed.

8. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Lumpy's happy you think so. He heard us talking about Mr. Fuzzy Wuzzy and is a bit concerned. I assured him Mr. FW will not upstage him and that he'll like him ... they'll be friends, right? :D

That video actually has it in there. It was linked to a suggested you made way back ... not sure if you'll remember ... but the other part is what we named it ... that's not in the video! :eek:

Thanks again! You made Lumpy's day with your comments. Moving forward we can introduce hints. Next round, we can talk about how you'd like to see the hints and other ways to make it easier to discover them.

As far as Open Feint. EP3 will have it. I already have it linked in and running with QuitIt! Just need to plan out the leaderboards and achievements (map them to what we have right now) some more. So next test round, which may start in about a week, will also be testing that part too :D. I was also thinking of making another global leaderboard. Maybe one that incorporates both the Open Feint and non-Open Feint scores. Some people in the beta group indicated they don't use any of the online score systems. Any thoughts on this? Or for a later episode?

Oh, each episode we'll refine how the mood meter affects Lumpy. There already was an adjustment from the last version you have, where the mood swings are more obvious in the meter. I like your idea about making him more sensitive or more evasive depending on the mood. :)

Stay tuned because we have more crazy things as well as more ways to interact with Lumpy and the world planned for QI! as well ;)!

9. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    cool OF will be neat to keep track of secrets, achievements, and scores :)

I would say keep global leaderboards on OF versus having separate leaderboards.

heh heh, Mr. Fuzzy Wuzzy is everyone's friend

10. yas

yas Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Rōnin developer
    I was doing a bit of research on the name "Fuzzy Wuzzy" for our preproduction work on EP3, and I came across this on Wikipedia. :eek:

Hmm, I wonder if Lumpy's been doing similar research on his own and is confused because of this...

11. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    ...interesting...guess you learn something every day

I had been thinking of this...

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he?

12. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    True dat. Lumpy will be friends with him. I think he's really worried more about the upstaging part...

Okay for EP3 I'll just use OF and see if other people not using it want a more unified board. As I type in these word, I'm not even quite sure what that means... :eek:

But...

was he bare?

13. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler