The Quest series - questions.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CRTFTW, Oct 14, 2014.

1. CRTFTW

CRTFTW Member

Aug 2, 2014
    So I've just started playing The Quest Gold, and I really enjoy it. I've learned it has some 10+ expansions to it however, and I want to know if anyone has done them all. Is it possible to do the main quest and all the expansions with one character without balance issues, or I should I just have a main quest character and an expansion character?

For that matter, does anyone know the average level you should be for each area? Bit much to ask, I know.

And hey, if any veterans want to offer some advice, that would be awesome too!

2. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

May 12, 2009
  3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Must admit this threads reminded me i have this old classic. Re-installed and i'll be playing this much more. Never got into it much before but it seems to have so much potential.

4. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    #4 Riotgirl, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    It was Shaun Mushrave's reload of The Quest (Gold) and the wonderful The Official RPG Reload Club that convinced me to pick it up.

I've previously stated and maintain that Aralon has the depth of a puddle and really isn't the standard bearer of Bethesda lite re: Oblivion on iOS. That title should be awarded to The Quest.

The Gold expansion is the perfect introduction for new players like myself, because there is so much content and the included expansions balanced in level as one progresses - albeit my new character GoGo Yubari is only level 8.

Graphics and audio fidelity are of the time period, although the character portraits are well drawn. It's the gameplay, open world, freedom to create the type of character that you want (albeit that there are trade-offs to be made) and explore the World in a manner that you see fit - and deal with the consequences that is almost unsurpassed on iOS.

In terms of the optional IAP expansions, you won't be able to play them all with one character without balance issues; however you have the option of picking and choosing what expansions you would like to play, in a certain order.

In fact, you can buy a couple of expansions and start a brand new character and have a completely different game experience in almost a completely different World in terms of setting, quests, content to explore and level progression.

The Quest (Gold) would easily make my Desert Island app list. In fact, I've not played anything else since purchasing it!