Frenzied Dungeon - Upcoming pixel art overhead platformer/runner (iOS & Android)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mass_toast, Aug 17, 2015.

1. #1 mass_toast, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    Coming this September-
    Frenzied Dungeon!

frenzied_heade2r.png

This is the first game coming from American based game developer MassToast.
    Frenzied Dungeon is an overhead platformer/runner in a style you haven't seen before, with frantic, fast paced gameplay, coming for iOS and Android.
    It features nearly 100 levels of dungeon running set to an awesome (pseudo)chiptune soundtrack.
    Use intuitive touch controls to slide along the bottom of the screen while your character follows along, dodging deadly traps and collecting coins used to upgrade your character's health, buy more lives, and purchase other items at the shop.

The game will be free, and uses rewarded ads to support the game, with optional IAP to disable ads for 99 cents.

Check out the trailer:

A large portion of the games art comes from opengameart.org on a Creative Commons 0 license. It goes to show how far free game development community based resources can go, and how great the community is out there.

doors_enemies.jpg

moving_platforms.jpg

Let me know what you think!
    Thanks!

Follow us:
    www.twitter.com/mass_toast

2. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Oooooo looks exciting! Let me know if you need beta testers :D

3. Thanks for the input! I definitely will need some beta testers! I will be putting up a demo soon, I'll message you when I its finished/uploaded.

Thanks!

4. Alpha Build

Well, due to some setbacks the game will not be released this September. Luckily I don't think people are exactly waiting with bated breath for it :)

Anyways, we do have a alpha version uploaded to itch.io right now. We had to strip away alot of stuff for various reasons (always backup your files to dropbox folks), so at the moment there is no music/sound, and it's just the first twenty (short) levels. (We still do have alot of our assets, just scrambled around at the moment)

We would love some comments, feedback, general degrading & offensive statements, and anything else you would like to pass along to us!

Check it out at itch.io:
    Frenzied Dungeon - Alpha Build