Looking for a fantasy based massive army war type game.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CRTFTW, Aug 17, 2014.

1. CRTFTW

CRTFTW Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Kinda hard to explain what I'm looking for. I'm interested in playing a game where you deploy troops to run over and knock your foe about the head. This can be in side scrolling, RTS, whatever. The more customizable, the better. The bigger the forces, the better. Upgrades, equipment, magic, all that jazz.

I'm terrible at wading through all the crap in the app store. I never know what are the right keywords to search with, and as such I tend to miss out on those rare gems of games. I love, LOVE RPG and RTS type games, (especially when they're mixed) but I'll be damned if I can ever find any that aren't your generic cash-grab.

2. shifted

shifted New Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Could check out Heroes and Castles. It's definitely a diamond in the rough. There aren't huge armies but you do field a couple dozen troops in battle and fight alongside them in 3rd person RPG combat. Plenty of customization too

I'd be interested to hear other games too. Might pick up Autumn Dynasty

3. Rennerd

Rennerd Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Pocket Army is a cool little game. It's side scrolling, you start with 10 slots for your army, and can later expand with coins. It's free, but there's no paywalls. You also go into battle yourself, and can get skills to use.

4. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #4 Bool Zero, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    Land Air Sea Warfare
    Machines at War 3
    Eufloria
    Amoebattle
    Autumn Dynasty Warlords
    Autumn Dynasty
    Heroes and Castles
    Castle Master 3D (or Plus if you get paid version)
    Starfront Collision
    Desert Stormfront
    Stratega
    Tropical Stormfront
    Battle Panic
    Castle Raid 1 & 2
    Fortress Under Siege

5. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth