NobiNobiBoy coming to iPhone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by HardcoreEricXXX, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    #1 HardcoreEricXXX, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
    Pocketgamer reports NobiNobiBoy, from the creator of Katamari, will be coming to iPhone. I was pretty jealous that it was released on PSN and not XBL. Namco is publishing the title.

2. TideTime

TideTime Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Saw it too at: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/26/gdc09-noby-noby-boy-stretching-to-iphone/

This is good: i don't have a PS3 :)

3. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Hopefully it'll have better framerate. iKatamari is an awful port. It's good for those who never played the PS2 version as otherwise they'd realise how choppy the framerate is (and the graphics are worse too, of course).

4. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Eh, Namco has done poorly with Katamari and Inspector Gadget, so not too happy with the fact that they're in charge here.

Then again, I have a PS3 -- maybe I'll just check it out on PSN.

5. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    #5 HardcoreEricXXX, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
    Beautiful katamari on 360 is far better.
    It wasn't ported to the iPhone; It was created for the iPhone. Also, I don't know if you saw the other mobile versions, but The iPhone version wups their butt.

6. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    I wouldn't be surprised if Apple rejects this game due to the fact that Boy essentially shits on demand.

Whatever though.

Bandai-Namco will shoot themselves in the face again by pricing the game @ $6.99, which is $6.00 more than it is worth. Anyone who has played the PS3 version already knows that Nobi Nobi Boy delivers exactly 1.5 hours worth of entertainment before becoming ridiculously boring.

I will admit however, that I still find stretching out to feed girl all of my inches hillarious in an adolescent way.

7. TideTime

TideTime Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    If the original is $5 on PSN, there's no way I see this port being more than that. I'd think it'd be free as a way of getting people interested in it, and then possibly purchasing it for their PS3.