Survival: Scavenger - Open World Online Single/Multiplayer Crafting Survival Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by voncarp, Aug 7, 2016.

1. #1 voncarp, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    Building on the success of Survival: Wicked Forest; I would like to show some progress on another ongoing project. As with all my new and current projects, this will feature multiplayer options (Already built in) with single player.

Survival: Scavenger (working title)

Defending your territory and property is a priority against all intruders. No exceptions

[​IMG]

iPhone 6s and Mixed Screens

[​IMG]

Sniping for campers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Multiplayer carnage
    [​IMG]

Extremely dangerous world
    [​IMG]

Player vs Player action
    [​IMG]

Custom Female characters
    [​IMG]

Extremely deep crafting and player customization system.
    [​IMG]

Can destroy anything you see
    [​IMG]

Every single item in game is destructible. You can knock down every tree building, piece of grass, weapon, etc. If you can see it, you can destroy it.

Currently implemented features:

Massive streaming open world. 3 times larger than Survival: Wicked Forest.
    Single player or Multiplayer.
    Male or female protagonist.
    Full day/night cycle
    Weather system
    15+ enemy AI pending on location and day/night.
    Full forest/plain environment
    Crafting and building structures. Saves locally for single player or server side for multiplayer.
    Firearms can inflict extreme fatal damage and extremely rare.
    Fully functioning online chat
    Permadeath. Don't die. Lose everything.
    Manage player persona stats on thirst, hunger, temperature, mentality, etc.
    Several hundred different items to craft or find.
    Progressive crafting system: Forges, campfire, campfire with kettles, weapons forge, etc
    10 Different classes with skills and perks.
    3 Advanced classes.
    Scavenge or recycle 100's of items.
    Progressive skills, stats, and leveling up system.

Additional features as work in progress (will update over time):

Friend list and friend messenger

More features, videos to come, stay tuned:

Questions?

Expected devices supported: iPhone 5 and up. 1GB RAM.

2. Allstars Production

Allstars Production Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
    beta

wow, is beta expected to be?

3. JahPE

JahPE Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Please give beta I can't wait 0.0

This game way to epic to wait for! So I beg may I have beta!!
    Testflight beta: [email protected]

4. WoyBoy15

WoyBoy15 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2015
  5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    When is this supposed to be released?

6. This year it will be released. Working on polishing touches.

7. MacEleven

MacEleven Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2015
    What about them graphics tho

8. ICEcrush

ICEcrush New Member

Apr 29, 2016
    Wow Von, you have another project going. I look forward to if you are testing this game for alpha or beta

9. pixelcry

pixelcry Member

Sep 24, 2013
    one technical question : how many player+npc can the server handle in one scene ?
    what networking technology do you use?

10. Yeah. I don't suspect this game is going to win any artistic awards. I really focused on depth and gameplay. Particularly with mobiles, you got to sacrifice a bit of graphics for multiplayer with large open worlds.

Keep in touch ;)

It really depends on your project. You can potentially have many hundreds depending on the complexity of your game. In Wicked Forest I capped NPC's at 50 and players at 12. Players generally send more traffic. Wicked Forest runs off a device based server with an external server for saving data. Those numbers are what works when an iPhone 5 is running a server. And in that project, I created a "Network LOD" which turns off network traffic for players and NPCs not within a certain distance.

If your "net code" is well written, you will find that you will have more slowdowns with rendering than lag created by your NPC and players.

11. Thought I would post some update pics of some progress:

Custom Female characters
    [​IMG]

Extremely deep crafting and player customization system.
    [​IMG]

Sniping for campers
    [​IMG]

Can destroy anything you see
    [​IMG]

12. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    This looks very promising, I'm definitely going to have to keep it in my radar. I do have one question though: Is this going to first or third person view, or have the option for one to select either one, depending on personal preferences?

13. Armel

Armel Well-Known Member

May 12, 2016
    Any News ???

14. jdawg101

jdawg101 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
    I have two things to say 1st do you think you could make the characters a bit meatier if you get the time (or maybe you could change the thickness of their body based on how much your character ate) and 2nd is this going to get us closer to barren roads?

15. Its both. Third Person is necessary for multiplayer functionality. Other players need a body to see.

While making games, I prefer first person only. Less hassle and maintenance with only 1 perspective :D

Yeah. Let me post some new screens.

Models are kinda set at the moment. Perhaps down the road, I'll add some type of morphing to allow further customizations. Barren Roads will be a compilation of different ideas that worked in my prior games and this one as well. All of my multiplayer games originated from Barren Roads framework. I want to do Barren Roads right this time. So, I don't have to do it again

16. Random screens. Random tests.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. jdawg101

jdawg101 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Do you think you could add some sort of party feature where you can make a party in the server so it's like a private little group and if you are in a party you chat in global chat or party chat and I don't know if it's just me but also if we join a friends game do you think you could make us spawn near them or next to them when we die so we don't have to walk halfway across the map to meet up with them. Just some more suggestions for down the road(or now).Also is the run button a hold or toggle?

18. PixieMethod

PixieMethod Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Von, can you stop teasing us Mobcrush fam and let us multi-stream together and Guild up? # huehuehue

19. A party chat is not hard to do. One of the components I am working on is a clan/friend messenger system. This feature usually makes it easier for party/friends to get together. Spawning is an issue that is kind of hard to balance at times. We will figure out a way to make it work.

At the moment run button is a hold. Could work either way as a player feature. Running will be dictated by stamina. There is a stamina meter thats not functional yet, that my screenshots display that will work similar to Wicked Forest. No stamina, no running. Of course, since my projects generally include RPG features. Stamina can be increased with other stats.

I would never forget about the Mobcrush fam. My games stream pretty good on Mobcrush ;) as viewers always like to join in and cause trouble. Going to be a bit harder for stream sniping as the world is much larger than Wicked. That could be good. That could be bad. :confused:

20. A couple more screen shots while I am here.

Fire fights get ugly real fast.

Use firearms judiciously. The forest listens...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]